What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haldi

phew... after the third attempt i managed to install 158 in the VM.
the Problem was really simple. to prevent my table from going into standby i use Caffeine, a simple little app that sends the F18key every 30 seconds... or something like that. The problem with Updating a VM is that when it's in BIOS mode updating and your PC falls asleep the Update will break/Freeze and stops.

So because VM for Hyper-V uses the Remote Desktop Connection Programm (or something very similar) it captures ALL key presses, so if you leave your Tablet, with VM focused, Caffeine does not work :)

Same thing, other Story, if you use the Remote Dekstop Metro App on your Surface and connect to a PC with Windows 10 build 158 and you want to take a Screenshot you obviously press Windowsbutton (on the bezel) + Volume Down. Now don't go looking for your screenshots on your tablet! Nope, the Windowshardware button + Volume Down is also sent via RDP and the Computer to which you connect will make a screenshot, and not your Tablet ;)

malberttoo

I fresh installed 10130 last night so I could get the new build via update. I enabled fast ring and updated everything I could including firmware. But I am still on build 10130 and it keeps telling me there are no updates. Anyone know why? Thanks!

Don't feel bad. I've checked at least 40 times :D and am still on 10130.

Although it has installed the 5/14 firmware probably 3 times now....

Everything seems to work fine after todays update, except one thing. Doubleclick on the pen does not take a screenshot to Onenote, it just opens it. Singleclick does the same. Anyone else with the same behaviour?

Compusmurf

Don't feel bad. I've checked at least 40 times :D and am still on 10130.

Although it has installed the 5/14 firmware probably 3 times now....

I feel bad for you. build 130 wasn't great, 147 leak was nice but had flaws, 158 has been the best with all the worst of 130 and 147 fixed. I'm sure there's still some nasties waiting to be found, but darn..... :)

Compusmurf

Everything seems to work fine after todays update, except one thing. Doubleclick on the pen does not take a screenshot to Onenote, it just opens it. Singleclick does the same. Anyone else with the same behaviour?
Sorta, but sorta not.

Doubleclicking with onenote NOT open seems to just open onenote. If Onenote is already open and minimized, doubleclicking does take screenshot.

Make sure you submit as bug, give us a link and we'll upvote it for you. :)

MagicPoop

Yours brings up the spin wheel to change color and brush size? Mine only works as a lasso select...
I can't find an option to change it either.

I believe lasso is default, you have to change it to pen manually in the bar.

Also don't think color whell is there any more, again, choose color only from top bar.

Double click works as Compusmurfs says.

GTiceman

Sorta, but sorta not.

Doubleclicking with onenote NOT open seems to just open onenote. If Onenote is already open and minimized, doubleclicking does take screenshot.

Make sure you submit as bug, give us a link and we'll upvote it for you. :)
Mine seems to work. I repaired the pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.