What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I'd mention that my pen is actually working perfectly for the first time in forever. Single click opens OneNote and creates a new page, and double-click offers to take a snippet or full-screen screenshot. I did have to manually pair first.
 
...It is 2 Years old, but it still works, so why an update?..
No issue, just mentioned it as I wasn't sure if that was the same one or if there would be Win10 issues with that one (if it wasn't the same one) :)
 
And here is me (still) unable to even find 10158 in Update.

Same here. I think my Surface is hosed, as the update seems to be "widely" available at this point, and Gabe said that when 159 gets released, it will be available "everywhere".
 
My device was updated today. Two things (still) don't work:

  1. The touch keyboard does not come up in the address & search bars as well as form fields in Firefox
  2. The Surface is supposed to automatically switch to tablet mode and back when removing it from the dock / inserting to dock. Doesn't. I've tried all the settings in All Settings | System | Tablet mode (which are not that logic), with reboots, doesn't help.
    There are two options to set:
    • "When I sign in, Automatically switch to tablet mode | Go to desktop | Remember what I used last." But no option for automatic?
    • "When this device automatically (here it is, but how do you set it to automatic) switches tablet mode on or off, Don't ask me | Always ask me | Dont ask and don't switch". Don't ask me is my setting, but doesn't change automatically...
After switching the mode I actually have to boot, to get the the Start menu to change between desktop/full screen mode.
 
Another irritation: Windows Update shows this update: "System Firmware Update - ‎14.‎5.‎2015.", even though the June update is installed. Won't install though, but now way apparently to get rid of it on the list?

EDIT: accicentally clicked "Install", which it did, without showing a "Cancel" button. Well, I suppose the June firmware can be downloaded from MS.
 
Last edited:
Mine is just sat failing at installing kb2267602 definition update.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top