What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

wynand32

Just thought I'd mention that my pen is actually working perfectly for the first time in forever. Single click opens OneNote and creates a new page, and double-click offers to take a snippet or full-screen screenshot. I did have to manually pair first.

harri.makinen

My device was updated today. Two things (still) don't work:

1. The touch keyboard does not come up in the address & search bars as well as form fields in Firefox
  2. The Surface is supposed to automatically switch to tablet mode and back when removing it from the dock / inserting to dock. Doesn't. I've tried all the settings in All Settings | System | Tablet mode (which are not that logic), with reboots, doesn't help.
    There are two options to set:
    • "When I sign in, Automatically switch to tablet mode | Go to desktop | Remember what I used last." But no option for automatic?
    • "When this device automatically (here it is, but how do you set it to automatic) switches tablet mode on or off, Don't ask me | Always ask me | Dont ask and don't switch". Don't ask me is my setting, but doesn't change automatically...
After switching the mode I actually have to boot, to get the the Start menu to change between desktop/full screen mode.

harri.makinen

Another irritation: Windows Update shows this update: "System Firmware Update - ‎14.‎5.‎2015.", even though the June update is installed. Won't install though, but now way apparently to get rid of it on the list?

EDIT: accicentally clicked "Install", which it did, without showing a "Cancel" button. Well, I suppose the June firmware can be downloaded from MS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.