What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I decided to jump back in. I finished upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 build 10130 and now 3 hours later it won't find the update to 10162. But I'll keep trying.
Maybe we should try and figure out how they prioritize the rollout of build upgrades. I'm in St. Louis and my last name begins with "H". Do you think they might roll out the update availability alphabetical by last name or maybe by region (longitude). I just found out about 162 a little while ago. When I did a check for updates, up popped 162. I'm on a 100mb connection. It took 22 minutes to download and about 12 minutes to install the update.

Wait. It's doing configuration. This might take another 10 minutes.
 
Well I decided to jump back in. I finished upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 build 10130 and now 3 hours later it won't find the update to 10162. But I'll keep trying.

Mine took about 36 hours to show up, from 130 > 159.
 
Maybe we should try and figure out how they prioritize the rollout of build upgrades. I'm in St. Louis and my last name begins with "H". Do you think they might roll out the update availability alphabetical by last name or maybe by region (longitude). I just found out about 162 a little while ago. When I did a check for updates, up popped 162. I'm on a 100mb connection. It took 22 minutes to download and about 12 minutes to install the update.

Wait. It's doing configuration. This might take another 10 minutes.
My last name is Harness, so I suspect they aren't prioritizing alphabetically. ;-) I think I might have to try downloading the ISO and see how that goes.
 
Got 10162 up and running.
Checked updates and firemware5/14/2015 want to install yet again.
Oh and Phone Companion still crashes on starting.
 
Yikes. I'm not sure I have your level of patience.

Well of course 158 was already out by then, and I never even saw that show up. So yeah kinda confusing how I could never seem to get 158 but then picked up 159 fairly quickly.
 
Strange little niggle: since updating to 10162 I have SurfaceTypeCover_01 listed under other devices in device manager and if I ask it to search for drivers it cannot find one. System appears fully up to date.
 
Any one else have this problem? Can't activate.
Screenshot (30).png
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top