What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, are you connected to the net, secondly have you tried re-entering the key?
 
Yea, connected, tried putting the key again, but it still doesn't activate...

I've heard of people activating by phone, should I try it?
 
Is anyone else having issues with the microphone working for Cortana or Skype? I keep getting an error message stating the Realtek mic wasn't designed for Cortana.
 
Yea, connected, tried putting the key again, but it still doesn't activate...

I've heard of people activating by phone, should I try it?
tried that and said it would be verified on 8/1/15... canceled it and reinstalled an official version and waited for an update.
 
I really want to try out Windows 10. It seems that these recent builds are getting quite stable. I created a system image today of my SP3 and made a recovery drive on a drive I had. Should both of those be a good safety net just in case I need/want to jump back to 8.1?
 
Is anyone else having issues with the microphone working for Cortana or Skype? I keep getting an error message stating the Realtek mic wasn't designed for Cortana.
I got the same thing, and it seemed not to pick up enough volume to hear me. After rebooting, I don't get the error message and it works fine.
 
I upgraded over 8.1 and mine won't activate either. How will we get the final release and how will they know our copies are genuine if we change the product key?

I installed regularly through WU fom 10159, didn't change anything.
 
Any one else have this problem? Can't activate.
View attachment 6364

Hmm, mine was activated on its own awhile ago, don't recall doing this at all...

upload_2015-7-2_20-27-34.png
 
Same for me. For the first time, including 8.1, my WDA now plays HD videos perfectly, including crisp and clear sound. Whoooaaa! Thanks 10062!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top