What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks.. Is anyone else having a problem with launching digital media ie. pictures or videos? The file opens but Windows Explorer crashes and then restarts.
Working for me, I also fixed OneDrive....needed to set it back to Sync my entire OneDrive Folder.

mitchellvii

All aspects of the Pen are working for me, I had a conference call to my team in India last night and took ink notes. The Double Click Screen Shot works (different but still works) and Single Click to launch OneNote Works.

I am having problems with OneNote though....

What sort of problems?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
What sort of problems?
I misread the OneNote instructions post install and only selected a subset of Folders to Sync which was different then what I had done before, So because I left them in an un-synched state within the folder tree I recieved errors...

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Seems like I need pen drivers or Bluetooth drivers, since my pen only connects for a few seconds. Anybody know how I can perhaps refresh only those?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Seems like I need pen drivers or Bluetooth drivers, since my pen only connects for a few seconds. Anybody know how I can perhaps refresh only those?
First time I pressed the purple button it installed the Drivers, Pen worked for inking right away....

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Pen works now for inking. Here's what I did:

Control Panel, View Devices and Printers, context-click Surface Pen, Properties, Hardware tab, choose Surface Pen, Properties, General tab, Change Settings, Driver tab, Uninstall, OK, close all windows.

Then press the pen button. Everything loads up and begins working.

mitchellvii

Wish I could figure out why the hell this won't install for me. I have nothing unusual or special on here which should be causing these issues.

Anyone notice less fan in this build. Fan runs a lot for me in last build but hardly ran at all under 8.1

The purple button works fine for me (except it will only open the MUI version of OneNote). The pen writes OK. The erase and select buttons do not work correctly in OneNote. The erase button changes the cursor to the erasure, but does not erase. The select button changes the icon, but erases any lines near where you click with the button pressed.

UPDATE: it must have been in some funny mode, because it works as expected after a reboot. Note that after closing OneNote the windows desktop and start menu were messed up - missing or black icons and live tiles, no power icon next to my name so I could shutdown. A press to the power button brought up the "slide to shut down" screen and all seems well after a reboot.

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Wish I could figure out why the hell this won't install for me. I have nothing unusual or special on here which should be causing these issues.

Anyone notice less fan in this build. Fan runs a lot for me in last build but hardly ran at all under 8.1
What are you using for Antivirus? This build was warm and fan was running for awhile after the install, indexing and syncing but has calmed down.

Some of Modern UI Apps are broken with this build, the Actiontec ScreenBeam Utility, iFixIt and a couple of others. The Kindle App's navigation is broken as well (to be fair it was in the last build as well).

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Some other changes in Build 9879:

1. Notification area moved to just left of the Taskbar clock
2. Browsing to the OneDrive folder with File Explorer only shows files actually on the PC, not files in the cloud. To see those, browse the Web to onedrive.com
3. Battery icon in TaskBar is horizontal for notebook and tablet PCs (portable). When charging, the icon is continuously animated.
4. File Explorer (Tile View) shows a blue pushpin next to folders which are pinned to the Navigation Pane.
5. Storage Sense allows quick re-direction of media to specified locations, for better storage management

Screenshot (166).png

Screenshot (167).png

Screenshot (168).png

bmack

Anyone know how to rollback the update? Im still having problems with Windows Explorer crashing. Also none of my images show up in the Photo Modern App.

Status
Not open for further replies.