Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone know how to get Windows Photo Viewer back as default or as even as an option to view images?

@Kris ,

You've always been able to do this. Just click your heels together three times and say, "There's no viewer like 'Windows Photo Viewer'..." ;)

Here's how to do it:
1) Right-click on a photo, Open With, Choose another app
2) Find Windows Photo Viewer near the bottom of the list. Choose 'Always use this ...'

Enjoy.

Screenshot (89).png

Note: The Windows Photo Viewer is not a standalone executable file, but instead, is one of many tasks relegated to rundll32.exe in your Windows System32 folder.

Kris

@Kris ,

You've always been able to do this. Just click your heels together three times and say, "There's no viewer like 'Windows Photo Viewer'..." ;)

Here's how to do it:
1) Right-click on a photo, Open With, Choose another app
2) Find Windows Photo Viewer near the bottom of the list. Choose 'Always use this ...'

Enjoy.

View attachment 6436
No longer on my list, tried uploading a screenshot but keep getting "uploaded file is empty" error.
It has disappeared from my desktop and my SP3

HarnessTech

Getting display driver errors at least 3 times a day... Is feedback really turned off or is one of my settings not set right?
I kept getting an error message stating that the display driver had crashed. However, that hasn't happened since today's update. Keeping fingers crossed.

Derekamoss

I also got this along with security update.

Feature on Demand for X64 (Insider Hub)

I'm assuming its just an update to insider hub, since I can't now suddenly scroll horizontally in the start screen which I have been hounding them about.

Kris

This is a call-out to other users of Windows 10 - Can you help @Kris by checking if "Windows Photo Viewer" is on your list of apps per this post above ?
Thank you, I have no idea how I lost it as a choice as an app. I can still find it's DLL file but can't make it a default app to view images. Thinking about installing Windows 7 and 8 again to see if I get it back but so close to the RTM release, that and horribleness of doing so, I think I will wait and see if it comes back. If it doesn't there will eventually be a stand alone ISO install for the RTM and I am sure that will have it on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.