What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveMac

"Coming soon

The Windows 10 Technical Preview and Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones are almost ready. Please check back."

Hope it's not months.......

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Check out the Flashblock plugin, not a solution but certainly helps with controlling flash.

I already use plugins. Howeber the sites i frequent where i need flash available, it just ramps it up like nothing else. I've found chrome to be like a sweet lulabye compared to firefox with regard to power requirements (i only use firefox/chrome for plugins such as flash downloaders) wheras IE can display flash (whether it's displaying it as flash or some alternative method like silverlight or something (i'm clueless) i don't know, but i can do as i like in IE, 1080p videos, no fan or heat, one instance of slash in firefox though, even if simply a websites tiny advert (i do not like blocking ads from sites, such as this, they are there for a reason, they need (want) money, and i support them in it) my surface goes nuts.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
No January Technical Preview within sight yet. Good thing my Surface Pro 3 works great with Build 9879, or watching the horizon for another several days would be painful.

Screenshot (292).png

Screenshot (293).png

Screenshot (294).png

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm probably a minority, but anyone else here not care two bits about Cortana? Sure it looks like it functions well from the video, but i just despise the concept of talking to my telephone or computer etc. Hopefully it can be removed from the task bar.

GTiceman

I installed the original released ISO last night on another system and the preview build check/update won't even function. Guess they took the whole system down for now. I wish I was on 9879. My SP3 was replaced in Dec and I was waiting until the newest build to go back to the future.

B

B'midbar

I'm probably a minority, but anyone else here not care two bits about Cortana? Sure it looks like it functions well from the video, but i just despise the concept of talking to my telephone or computer etc. Hopefully it can be removed from the task bar.

Don't give a whit either. I'm in desktop mode the majority of the time using my SP3 as a notebook replacement. I can do my own e-mails.

GTiceman

I might use the search function or tell it to remind me about something. However, I don't think for many it is game changing. Maybe for a home desktop PC or AIO. Most of the time I just tell Google to remind me or find something or draft something via my Moto 360. I think more of the impact is making it cross platform so she is there for Windows Phone to PC.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm loath to use any form of voice command regardless of usage or a mobile phone etc. I just feel like a prize t***, and i'm lazy, but not that lazy. The "natural" tone of cortanas voice actually freaks me out a bit, just another level of detachment from reality. I remember when Siri first came out, bajeezus, it made me depressed seeing all these folk running around asking their phone what the weather is like. Not to mention i have no time in my life for feautures that require an internet connection in order to work. It's getting really annoying how companies are just assuming that everyone has unlimited access to internet wherever they are. Bloody cloud storage! Bah humbug!! I don't belong in this digital age :p

bluegrass

I'm loath to use any form of voice command regardless of usage or a mobile phone etc. I just feel like a prize t***, and i'm lazy, but not that lazy. The "natural" tone of cortanas voice actually freaks me out a bit, just another level of detachment from reality. I remember when Siri first came out, bajeezus, it made me depressed seeing all these folk running around asking their phone what the weather is like. Not to mention i have no time in my life for feautures that require an internet connection in order to work. It's getting really annoying how companies are just assuming that everyone has unlimited access to internet wherever they are. Bloody cloud storage! Bah humbug!! I don't belong in this digital age :p

Dang. :You're talking like you're as old as I am. What if Cortina just randomly talked to you in a real sexy voice and said "How's you're day going Hughlle"?

To be honest. I'm kind of like you with respect to talking to my phone or a computer. I feel a little embarrassed. Next thing we know, we'll have a hologram of Cortina pop out and sit on our lap when she talks to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.