What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compusmurf

I don't know how many of you are powershell users. If you aren't, you should spend some time learning it.... The things you can do with it are amazing.

That being said, here's a very nice powershell script you should keep around. It allows you to mass remove win apps (from store or otherwise) which is handy while testing Win 10. This was the easy fix to 10074's communication app and such.

Remember, enable script running, run powershell as admin.

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Remove-Windows-Store-Apps-a00ef4a4

mitchellvii

Been trying Spartan a little more. Can see this being my go-to browser once they make it a little faster and add drag and drop (hopefully) to the sidebar. One thing I've noticed is you can't scroll until the entire page has loaded. A little annoying.

wynand32

I like Edge (née Spartan) as well. What I'm missing is password and tab syncing, and the ability to set default start tabs. I love the Cortana integration, and I actually find it to be pretty fast (but then, I'm using IE since Chrome is such a hog). The OneNote Clipper is significantly faster than in IE or Chrome, which I like as well.

Give me those missing features, and it'll be my default in a heartbeat.

tarrant64

Spartan has been mostly OK for me. Not seeing a lot of issues other than getting used to moving around the interface quickly. Seems to work well enough with touch.

mitchellvii

On the Start Menu I actually preferred the little rolling animation tiles as opposed to just the vertically scrolling ones. It seems like on an already boring canvas, they have opted for the even more boring option. Minimalism is one thing guys, but geesh, come on. For instance, on the wide animated tile they give you room for 2 lines of text but provide only one - thus leave an extra line of blank space and less image. WTF?

And the way the new animations move is just visually annoying. Kind of slow then fast, like dripping molasses.

With the new Start Menu they really had a chance to create something visually stunning but instead they seem to have gone with flat square tiles with dull animations on a barely transparent background. Remember on Windows Phones how when you clicked a tile there was this cool fly away effect? In W10 when you click a tile you get zero effect at all.

The new 10 Start Menu scores a 1 out of 10 on the cool factor scale. Boo MS, boo. Where is the wow?

Last edited:

Kris

On the Start Menu I actually preferred the little rolling animation tiles as opposed to just the vertically scrolling ones. It seems like on an already boring canvas, they have opted for the even more boring option. Minimalism is one thing guys, but geesh, come on. For instance, on the wide animated tile they give you room for 2 lines of text but provide only one - thus leave an extra line of blank space and less image. WTF?

And the way the new animations move is just visually annoying. Kind of slow then fast, like dripping molasses.

With the new Start Menu they really had a chance to create something visually stunning but instead they seem to have gone with flat square tiles with dull animations on a barely transparent background. Remember on Windows Phones how when you clicked a tile there was this cool fly away effect? In W10 when you click a tile you get zero effect at all.

The new 10 Start Menu scores a 1 out of 10 on the cool factor scale. Boo MS, boo. Where is the wow?
100% agree... Tiles have been done totally wrong.

frosty

I have a problem with OneNote on my SP3 running 10130. I can't login to my Microsoft account when I hit the signin button a window pops up but the window just keeps closing and opening over and over, not allowing me to enter anything.
Also under setting under my MS (Accounts/your accounts) is says it needs verifying but nothing happens when I click that..

Any suggestions ..

Thanks Frosty

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is there anyway to stop the stupid inking keyboard from popping up, when clicking on the tray icon?

Are you clicking it with the pen? I havn't used the pen in a while on my SP3 but I sem to recall that the type of keyboard that pops up varied depending on whether you were using pen or finger at the time

EdwardB

I have a problem with OneNote on my SP3 running 10130. I can't login to my Microsoft account when I hit the signin button a window pops up but the window just keeps closing and opening over and over, not allowing me to enter anything.
Also under setting under my MS (Accounts/your accounts) is says it needs verifying but nothing happens when I click that..

Any suggestions ..

Thanks Frosty
I just had the same problem and followed the solution described here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0/6c735702-39b5-4303-876a-8ced4b6d6bbf?page=1

- In Account settings, switch to local account by clicking on 'Sign in with a local account instead'
- After signing in with this local account, under Account settings go to 'Family & other users'
- There I was notified that I can not add other users until I switch to a Microsoft account, presenting a dialog to switch to the Microsoft account
- Now it worked to enter the Microsoft account and verify with 2-factor authentication

After this the 'verify account' notification is gone and I am connected with my Microsoft account again.

Status
Not open for further replies.