What's new

Solved Windows 7 Professional or Windows 8.1 Pro

Plantje

Yes, and I would not really call that an issue... it is just preferences. Of which I have always found them pretty stupid. :)

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like your wife's IT Team is talking in we haven't tested it so therefor it doesn't work. If the systems are reachable via Windows 8.1 then at least 99% of the time they work with Windows 10.

The only think I could think that would block it is if they are using some really antiquated auth mechanism like NTLM v1 or LANMAN...

OP
MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle

Sounds like your wife's IT Team is talking in we haven't tested it so therefor it doesn't work. If the systems are reachable via Windows 8.1 then at least 99% of the time they work with Windows 10.

The only think I could think that would block it is if they are using some really antiquated auth mechanism like NTLM v1 or LANMAN...

Yes sir I'm not really sure. All I know is that I've been loving Windows 10 for the past year and she's been struggling with Windows 8.1! Windows 10 sure seems more stable to me. Anyway, I pulled the trigger and purchased her the Windows 7 Pro PC that I described several posts ago and it will be here Tuesday from Amazon. The good things about it are that it will hold her 6oo+GB iTunes library, and be faster than her laptop. So she should be happy for a while.

I know she will be stuck with USB 2.0 since 3.0 doesn't work with Windows 7 but she doesn't copy large files to USB.

Thanks everyone for your help!