What's new

Windows Hello improve recognition feature error

Zeskerr

I have my SP4 setup with Windows Hello, and it works like a charm. But when it comes to the improve recognition option I get the error that the camera couldn't turn on. Which is ironic because you have to use windows hello before you can improve the recognition. It kinda irks me to get the error, anybody found a fix for this? Or just another bug on the list waiting to be patched?

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

I wasn't aware there was a fix needed. I just this morning showed someone how to use it on their SP4. Do you have all the firmware updates?

OP
Z

Zeskerr

Welcome to the forum

I wasn't aware there was a fix needed. I just this morning showed someone how to use it on their SP4. Do you have all the firmware updates?

Just before posting this I did update windows but still I'm getting the error.

leeshor

I wish I had an explanation for you but unless your camera is faulty I have no idea why it wouldn't work.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Did you try rebooting to the UEFI? Camera may be disabled. Toggle switches there under "Devices".

OP
Z

Zeskerr

Did you try rebooting to the UEFI? Camera may be disabled. Toggle switches there under "Devices".

Checked in the UEFI and everything was toggled on. Did the usual off then on again. But it still says it can't turn on the camera for improving even though I see that it's on.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
@Zeskerr ,

I think you will have to do a "Reset this PC". Hardware seems fine. Software out of sync with it.
If you do, let us know how it turn out.