What's new

Wireless adapter not working and no recovery environment

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re Recovery environment: Do you have a Recovery Partition?
If you do give it a drive letter in disk management and see what's in it.

OP
A

Aegeas

I did have the Cisco VPN client installed. I have reverted back to Windows 8.1 and have uninstalled it. I will try the upgrade again.

I did have the Cisco VPN client installed. I have reverted back to Windows 8.1 and have uninstalled it. I will try the upgrade again.

Yep, I'm in the process of doing the same thing. The VPN uninstalled fine back in Windows 8.1, and I am at 92% for my re-install of 10. I'll report back.

Yep, I'm in the process of doing the same thing. The VPN uninstalled fine back in Windows 8.1, and I am at 92% for my re-install of 10. I'll report back.

Well, I have success with wifi after uninstalling the Cisco VPN, but not I can't log on due to "The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed". I had this once before on the tech preview, and I have no idea what I did to fix it...

EDIT: I logged onto my local admin account, and it seems to be working. I re-joined the domain and all seems well.

Last edited:

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, I have success with wifi after uninstalling the Cisco VPN, but not I can't log on due to "The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed". I had this once before on the tech preview, and I have no idea what I did to fix it...
The Fix varies... assuming this machine is Domain Joined.

http://implbits.com/active-directory/2012/04/13/dont-rejoin-to-fix.html read the whole post then choose wisely ;)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2771040

If you've gotten this and the machine is not domain joined ... we have a different problem. :)

fred_com

I've just went into Windows Update, and there was a button "Get Started" (with upgrade). Don't know if it downloaded anything - upgrading took the same amount of time as before ( roughly an hour).

double07

I upgraded my SP3 this morning. I was using MS media creation tool and selected USB. The upgrade went through without any issue. My Wifi is working without any issue. So far so good. I don't have VPN installed in my SP3. If anyone wants me to check on something, let me know.

Wifi driver was detected as: Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller.

OP
A

Aegeas

Uninstalling the Cisco VPN client fixed it. I am now screaming along on 10. Used it today in front of customers for an hour solid during presentations and it worked flawlessly.

Rpettey57

Uninstalled Cisco VPN client after reverting back to 8.1. ALSO make sure you turn off BitLocker and decrypt. It is on from the factory remember.