What's new

Wireless Keyboard Adapter for SP3 and all my stuff

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Drawing attention to this thread: http://www.surfaceforums.net/threads/wireless-keyboard-adapter.8038/

The Wireless Keyboard Adapter allows me to use the Surface Type Cover (SP3 style), or any previous Type or Touch covers, or my Mac, or my iPhone wirelessly. Brilliant.

Still available from places like WalMart
http://www.walmart.com/ip/29501429?...80874392&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=78811164512&veh=sem

Probably a quickly-diminishing supply of this discontinued accessory. Somebody should pick up a contract to produce this very useful adapter.

mtalinm

I was told by a microsoft store associate that this wouldn't work with a surface pro 3. were they wrong?

bluegrass

Gosh Sharp. You've convinced me to dust mine off and make use of it again. Since I generally use a full wireless keyboard when not traveling, the funny tube has been gathering dust somewhere.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Gosh Sharp. You've convinced me to dust mine off and make use of it again. Since I generally use a full wireless keyboard when not traveling, the funny tube has been gathering dust somewhere.

Wait until you try it with your smartphone. You'll be hooked.

grumpy

I have been using the adapter with my SP2 for a while and and I quite like it. I actually rarely attach the keyboard to my SP2. I do wish they had used better batteries for it. It really runs down quickly if the back light is enabled. I don't know why they are discontinuing the device - it really increases the usefulness of the typecovers.

Jose Miguel

Now that I have finally found a capable (and cheap) desk/bed arm to put my sp3, it makes so much sense to have this device.....But I think it's not avalaible for me in Spain...

daniielrp

I'm still put off by the battery life :\ Seems like another device to stick on charge every night...

kundas1

yes I had the adapter and the battery life was HORRIBLE... 2 hours max. I sold it with my other Surface RT 1 gen to get a better selling price... but do miss it every now and again.

kundas1

could be, but I do know the light on the keybaord draws very little power, it's the type of batteries they use in the adapter, the more inferior type (nycad) instead of the lithium type so that's why the short battery life...