What's new

Wobbly lines with Surface Pen

kmoo

Hello. Why do my diagonal lines look wobbly in Photoshop? Have I really just dropped thousands of dollars on a machine that was marketed to artists that is virtually impossible to draw with?
Thanks!
upload_2018-1-2_18-20-16.png

Plantje

I'm afraid this is typical to digital inking. The iPad Pro most likely has it too. I understood that either the SB2 or the Surface Studio doesn't have it that bad

OP
K

kmoo

Thanks, Plantje. Unfortunately it's not typical in my experience. I have had two Thinkpad tablet PCs in the past, both which have the Wacom digitizer, and I have never had this problem before. The problem is with this particular machine. It's crazy that my drawing experience was ten times better on my older machines...

OP
K

kmoo

Thanks again. It is that much worse, but I think it is too late for me to return it. I'm really looking for clarity. Is it normal for the lines to look like this, and if so, can I expect there to be a fix for it in the future? This machine was marketed as the ideal artist's tool, I would hope that the manufacturers would be looking to fix such a huge issue.

Plantje

Does this help?

Did you by any chance draw the lines in a slow motion? I noticed on my Surface 3 that there is a huge difference between the speed with which I draw a line.

Plantje

Just wondering how you are doing. Still having this issue?

It seems to be a hardware thing... sorry :(