What's new

Woo Hoo. Stickerboy skins for the Surface Pro 3 (now Surface Pro 4)

egiles

Thanks for that information. I'm very impressed by how well the skin fits from your pictures and the website. I went ahead and ordered the black leather skin for my SP3. If you use the coupon code MSP3 you will receive 25% off the SP3 cover until June 30th.

Feoen

I love any and all woodgrain, so I am VERY intrigued by this.

But I am also skeptical. The entire SP3 acts as a heatsink and gets very, very hot when doing intensive sustained performance things like gaming.

I can only imagine that the skin will bubble or peel in the areas where the SP3 gets really hot (upper right corner). Plus, because the fan vents are around the edge, side decals wouldn't be able to cover that up.

I am going to wait until others try these out before I decide to buy... But damn, do I want one!

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
The skin I use on the SP2 (see pic on link/original post) is still flawless, after months of heat (in the sun while powered on), cold, and lots of use. Based on this, I do not think the heat dissipation will be an issue on the SP3, either. And underneath that changeable skin is a pristine Surface surface.

Feoen

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
My SP2 (as pictured) is "Mahogany Wood".

Yes, the silver outline will likely detract from this look. So I ordered the "Kyrobe Wood" for my future SP3.

I feel like I'm "nesting", like a baby is on the way.

Last edited:

bkydcmpr

have any idea what's the difference between their combo 2 and combo 3? 2 says "keyboard" and 3 says "wrist guard", I'm confused and they don't have any explanation on their website.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
have any idea what's the difference between their combo 2 and combo 3? 2 says "keyboard" and 3 says "wrist guard", I'm confused and they don't have any explanation on their website.

These are options to cover the keyboard, keyboard wrist perimeter, and trackpad areas.

Last edited: