What's new

WTG Microsoft....NOT!!!!!!

wseverino

Just installed the most recent update to my Microsoft Surface Pro 2 - 512GB and 8GB RAM. Low and behold they updated the BIOS and it fried my machine. Now I have to get a replacement from them!

daniielrp

Pretty certain Surface's don't have a BIOS, they use UEFI instead. What actually happened? Is it not booting? Not loading?...

OP
W

wseverino

Tomato / Tomatoe in this case. Yes they had a UEFI update that botched system. Nothing will load stuck on the TPM and Keys screen.

drolem

If the UEFI is messed up it could be *GAME OVER*. It may not work in this case, but try a hard reset (Vol+PWR) anyhow.

OP
W

wseverino

Jolly - I actually powered the unit up again today and it brought up the system recovery. I entered the bitlocker key and I got it to come up. I copied everything I needed then I restarted the machine. Bam back to the TPM screen and stuck there again. Now that I got everything I need just going to send this one back to them when I get the replacement tomorrow.

OP
W

wseverino

Bluegrass - Yes Microsoft pulled the updates from what I saw on TechNet.

As of today I still have a dead Surface due to UEFI failure. Microsoft cant even seem to tell me when I am going to get a new one even though I choose the advanced replacement option which meant I would have a replacement in 3 days!

Renigami

Bluegrass - Yes Microsoft pulled the updates from what I saw on TechNet.

As of today I still have a dead Surface due to UEFI failure. Microsoft cant even seem to tell me when I am going to get a new one even though I choose the advanced replacement option which meant I would have a replacement in 3 days!
Current supply issues I believe are the reasons why those buying new and or needing a replacement are not fluid at the moment. Microsoft was terribly conservative with the Surface Pro 2 (after the lackluster buildup from Windows 8, Surface Pro 1 from major reviewers comparing [on the skin surface] it to the iPad). They did not think to make more than a few hundred thousands of devices past the pre-order amount (not wanting to again, eat the cost of things like they did with the Surface RT).

Search tags for this page
stuck in uefi sp2
surface pro and wtg experience

surface pro wtg

surface stuck on tpm screen
using wtg on surface pro
wtg and microsd
wtg and surface pro
wtg surface drivers touch screen

wtg surface4

wtg update

Members online