What's new

Yellow hazy vertical line on left side of screen

bulls96

I really haven't read all the details of this so-called yellow screen. I don't want to start looking because to me at this point my sp3's screen is perfect!

I really hate this thread and Windows Central for immediately taking my eyes to this area. I'm in the first 24-hours of owning the device, so I hope to have a return closer to my deadline.

Kif

The yellow band on my SP3 is starting to make me blue. I'm not sure the best way to get it resolved. Should I go to a MS store or call the support line?

BillJ

I am presently using the 3rd replacement device that I have received since my original purchase. I have come to the conclusion (which several of other members on this forum have already stated) that all Surface displays have at lease some subtle variances in color/contrast from one side of the screen to the other. The yellow band has been visible on every unit I have received, and is certainly present on the display models I have seen at Best Buy.

You can ask for a replacement unit, but there is no guarantee that a new device will not have the same or similar display problems.

I have gotten used to the way my SP3 looks, and I don't dwell on the flaws. In every other way this is the absolute best computing device I have ever owned.

Would I like it to be perfect? Of course, but that might have to wait until SP4...

Kif

@BillJ Thanks for the information I really appreciate it. It's disappointing to hear but good to know. I guess for the time being I'll leave it be.

BillJ

Someone should try applying firm pressure to the left bezel of one of these display units. In fact, if I am near a Best Buy I might just try this myself. It would be interesting to see if the lines go away.

payam

i have the same problem :| what can i do ? we have not Microsoft store in our country becouse of sanctions :((

i have the same problem :| what can i do ? we have not Microsoft store in our country becouse of sanctions :((

Call up their support number - you can actually go to the support website, plug in your info with what's wrong, and have them call you back so you're not waiting on the line. Had issues with my first Surface, called them up, and the called me back in under 2 minutes (Canada here). Unfortunately if there's no MS store near you, I expect the entire process to be a nightmare what with shipping the device back to them and getting a replacement - but they're good about replacing it for this issue, it's just the time involved that will suck.