Battery Drain in Quick Connect?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 3' started by SeanP, Mar 10, 2015.

1. SeanP

SeanP Member

Closed the lid, nothing running in the background at the time. Get to destination 3 hours later after having full battery and I'm at 92%...WTH is that all about? 8% battery drain in 3 hours of non use? When I opened it had to log in like normal so screen wasn't on at all. I don't get it

2. bluegrass

bluegrass Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    I always power off in situations when I know I won't use it for over an hour but I'm surprised that your surprise at the drop to 92%, The battery has to keep a lot of things going while it's asleep. Power to memory, cpu, etc. I don't want mine using any of the battery while I'm not using the computer for anything & certainly wouldn't be surprised if I didn't shut it down for 3 hours in the battery dropped 8%.

3. hughlle

hughlle Super Moderator Staff Member

8% certainly doesn't sound normal, but just remember, just because you've got nothing running in the background doesn't mean windows doesn't. I always close down viber, yet short of uninstalling it, i cannot get it to stop pulling notifications. Is this a new acquisition?

But as above, i don't understand why you don't just shut it down if it's going to be in a bag for 3 hours, it takes seconds to boot up.

Maybe try a refresh. I know when the device first came out that there were threads created about battery drain while in peoples bags.