What's new

drag and drop text using surface pro 3 pen

Yao

I found I can not drag and drop text with the pen. For example, drag some text from ie to onenote. anyone knows how to set it ?Thanks.

OP
Y

Yao

Be more specific? How could you drag text between apps?
a fast way of copy and paste. I don't want to select copy in one app then select paste in another app. I want to drag text as easy as drag a file from a folder to another folder. In Ubuntu with the surface pro 3 pen , I can do that.

OP
Y

Yao

just like the image I uploaded. I want to drag the text.

Attachments

• IMG_0130.JPG
    IMG_0130.JPG
    844.2 KB · Views: 934

Liam2349

I've never heard of this feature. Are you sure that it's possible with Windows?

But seriously, Ctrl + C and then Ctrl + V is the easiest thing ever.

OP
Y

Yao

I've never heard of this feature. Are you sure that it's possible with Windows?

But seriously, Ctrl + C and then Ctrl + V is the easiest thing ever.
Thank you so much. I think you are right. windows does not have this feature. I really hope they could add it.

ScottyS

You can drag & drop text within and between Office apps, but whether it moves text or copies text varies in different apps. Holding Ctrl while you drag forces a copy. I have a Notepad replacement (Metapad) which supports drag & drop text ant it works dragging into and out of Office apps.
And it works with the pen.

Last edited:
OP
Y

Yao

You can drag & drop text within and between Office apps, but whether it moves text or copies text varies in different apps. Holding Ctrl while you drag forces a copy. I have a Notepad replacement (Metapad) which supports drag & drop text ant it works dragging into and out of Office apps.
And it works with the pen.
Thank you . I got it. Its the ie problem. I changed to chrome. and it allows me to do this.

r0b123

Wow, very cool, didn't realize I could this till now! I'm always learning something new using the SP3. Beats the typical Ctrl-C & Ctrl-V. Mind you, it might only work on certain apps but very cool feature find.