What's new

Guide: All About Battery Life

Kris

@ctitanuic thanks for all the hard work and help. Used a lot things you mentioned hopefully they help my new I7 burns through the battery really quick... I have a strong aversion to anything metro so I know I am going to looser battery there but the other things you mentioned might help out.

faceman

Hy ctitanic,

I have the surface Pro 3 with the I5, 8Gb Ram and 256 GB SSD. If I run no modern UI Apps only the Desktop and I'm using Firefox (a few tabs (8) Searching and one youtube tab for music videos), One Note 2013 and OneDrive Sync is also activated. The battery currently deliver 4 till 5 hours is this normal?

I also run the battery Report see the uploaded file.

Best regards

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    87.4 KB · Views: 569
OP
ctitanic

ctitanic

Run this report while on battery:

powercfg /energy /output %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\battery_report2.html

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hy ctitanic,

I have the surface Pro 3 with the I5, 8Gb Ram and 256 GB SSD. If I run no modern UI Apps only the Desktop and I'm using Firefox (a few tabs (8) Searching and one youtube tab for music videos), One Note 2013 and OneDrive Sync is also activated. The battery currently deliver 4 till 5 hours is this normal?

I also run the battery Report see the uploaded file.

Best regards
Desktop Application will use more battery than MUI Apps, Firefox while not as bad as Chrome isn't very efficient and streaming Flash Based YouTube will eat even further....so you're getting better than I would expect....

OP
ctitanic

ctitanic

Desktop Application will use more battery than MUI Apps, Firefox while not as bad as Chrome isn't very efficient and streaming Flash Based YouTube will eat even further....so you're getting better than I would expect....
That's a good point.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
What happens when you use IE especially MUI IE? Have you tried one of the MUI YouTube MUI Apps for your music?