What's new

How the heck...

ctitanic

popularity.JPG

Dblkk

Well, it could be there are more problems with the device, which means more people talking.

Could also be that this site is older and more known about, so more people talking.

Part, could also be several SP1/SP2 users wanting to know more about SP3, in terms of upgrading. Which wasn't an option on previous versions.

But all told, I think SP3 is a major break through. Lack of BROADWELL is the only thing making this truly the tablet of this generation and tablet to beat. The areas that I think 'hurt' the surface pro 3, other than knowing BROADWELL is coming soon. Are the lack of people 'knowing' about the device. I bring mine everywhere and people are so amazed as to the capabilities, especially the fact I can use the pen and write on the screen. The fact that SP1/SP2 are still new, and this whole upgrade cycle is worse than cell phones. That I think is a huge hit to sales. As a lot of people just bought the SP2 and now the SP3 is already out. If it weren't for my SP1 tanking, I wanted to but wouldn't have upgraded. Because, MAIN REASON, price. PRICE is the number one thing against the SP line in general. Yes it is competitively priced, and yes it is worth the price, and no I don't think its priced wrong. But I don't know to many people able to come up with $1200 for the surface. I'm not saying they can't justify the purchase, I'm just saying they can't come up with the money.

OP
ctitanic

ctitanic

Well, it could be there are more problems with the device, which means more people talking.

Could also be that this site is older and more known about, so more people talking.

Part, could also be several SP1/SP2 users wanting to know more about SP3, in terms of upgrading. Which wasn't an option on previous versions.

But all told, I think SP3 is a major break through. Lack of BROADWELL is the only thing making this truly the tablet of this generation and tablet to beat. The areas that I think 'hurt' the surface pro 3, other than knowing BROADWELL is coming soon. Are the lack of people 'knowing' about the device. I bring mine everywhere and people are so amazed as to the capabilities, especially the fact I can use the pen and write on the screen. The fact that SP1/SP2 are still new, and this whole upgrade cycle is worse than cell phones. That I think is a huge hit to sales. As a lot of people just bought the SP2 and now the SP3 is already out. If it weren't for my SP1 tanking, I wanted to but wouldn't have upgraded. Because, MAIN REASON, price. PRICE is the number one thing against the SP line in general. Yes it is competitively priced, and yes it is worth the price, and no I don't think its priced wrong. But I don't know to many people able to come up with $1200 for the surface. I'm not saying they can't justify the purchase, I'm just saying they can't come up with the money.
Still a sign of popularity!

enthuz

I'm not sure about the validity of your reasoning OP, but I'm definitely seeing more owners and praises of the SP3 in the business world. It is shocking to see more and more die hard iPad owners switching to SP3 for work. So MS must be doing something right going after the business minded. I'm curious about their next step for capturing more casual users with the Surface 3.

hadrian

the sp3 is a great device mainly bc its a powerful computer in a small form factor. However, the quality control is not great and the machine cannot handle very heavy graphic and cpu intensive tasks for more than a very short period. It is also expensive. all in all a good device for business, but a huge seller maybe not

OP
ctitanic

ctitanic

Yea I love the device as well...but a number of posts in a forum do not account for accurate sales figures.
Nobody said nothing about accuracy but think about it; do you think that if only one hundred vora bought this device those one hundred generated the same amount of hosts that just one hundred users that bought the PRO? and on top of that in 3 times less time?