What's new

New Firmware Update 9/29

kristalsoldier

It installed without issue on my device and have not heard about it being pulled.... in fact I'm 3 for 3 on this Firmware Update....

I'm waiting for this to be downloadable so I can force the Marvell Driver on my S3 :)

And it is jnjroach or Jeff thank you very much

Thanks. But in those instances where it failed to install (like in my case), why does it not show up in the Updates? Where did it go? Any ideas Jeff?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
As we have seen often you need an older driver etc., for whatever reason, and most vendors have prior versions available to download as well as the latest. You cannot always rely on rollback, such as if you have refreshed/reset and other reasons. The way it is you pretty much need to download every file and keep them yourself just in case or trust someone else to pass you their copy.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
They have the latest .msi for download, you can download that and it will install the firmware and latest driver updates....

Red-Oak

Thanks, I'm new to the "3" and am trying to eliminate as many mistakes as possible. TBH, I am kind of intimidated by the "3" because I can't take it apart and throw another SSD in like I do on my PCs... ;)

Compusmurf

A note about the beta drivers. NOT supported by Microsoft, no guarantees, always have good backups, next firmware will roll back, etc.... You're ON your own. I've tested and used both.

Grumpy2

It installed without issue on my device and have not heard about it being pulled.... in fact I'm 3 for 3 on this Firmware Update....

I'm waiting for this to be downloadable so I can force the Marvell Driver on my S3 :)

And it is jnjroach or Jeff thank you very much
Well Mr Roach I am sorry if I offended you. My apologies.
But I think you are getting a bit pedantic when you say JN Roach is nowhere near your name.
Geez I only left off one letter (j). I would have thought that was no big deal.
Obviously I was wrong. Sorry

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Well Mr Roach I am sorry if I offended you. My apologies.
But I think you are getting a bit pedantic when you say JN Roach is nowhere near your name.
Geez I only left off one letter (j). I would have thought that was no big deal.
Obviously I was wrong. Sorry
Pulling your chain mate... much to elicit a response worthy of your user alias which you don't disappoint.