What's new

new intel driver

LoLiMo

Hello all, I applied this update successfully and everything was going great. I was testing out different games via Steam and Battle.net when suddenly this morning I cannot get Diablo 3 to run full screen no matter what resolution I try. This game in particular was a daily play for me and I never had any graphical hiccups before. I even rolled the driver back with no luck. Anyone out there have any ideas?

Liam2349

Hello all, I applied this update successfully and everything was going great. I was testing out different games via Steam and Battle.net when suddenly this morning I cannot get Diablo 3 to run full screen no matter what resolution I try. This game in particular was a daily play for me and I never had any graphical hiccups before. I even rolled the driver back with no luck. Anyone out there have any ideas?

Click into the Diablo 3 window, and press Left Alt + Enter. Try it several times.

mohcho

I tested the new driver with a Steam game - Tomb Raider and it seems to have better performance vs the older driver. The frame rates are a bit better and the graphics do not lag like they used to.

Liam2349

Unfortunately this is only turning chat on and off for me.

That is weird. Every game I've tried it with, it has cycled between windowed and full screen :/

Sorry, I don't have any other answers for you. I think your best bet is to make a thread on the Diablo 3 forum on Steam.

Really weird, +1.5 hrs for some, -1.5 hrs for others.
Not all too consistent really. o_O

Probably depending on what people have adjusted themselves. I am at 50% brightness and so far, I don't think my battery life has reduced.

Too early to say if it's better, but I don't think it's worse.

LoLiMo

Thanks for your time! I just created a thread here and will head over to the Diablo 3 side of the world as well.

cemian

ahh must be nice to have the time to play video games :)
btw no complaints regarding this driver on the i7...seems like it is so far so good

wditters

@wditters is that a leaked driver? It's not available from Intel directly yet I take it.

Probably :) But the fact that it is the WHQL version means that it will be released shortly via the official Intel channel anyway Note: Of course this is a generic Intel driver, and not an OEM specific one.

Works flawlessly on my end.