What's new

New TV Commercials

megatronium

Clever and funny!

I've had a few conversations with Apple users who say "There really needs to be an iPadPro" once they see my SP3. Who wants to bet that Apple is working on one right now?

tuchas

I really think MS hit the jackpot with these commercials. It tells the story like it is in simple terms. No fancy sets, no dancers, no guy jumping out of bed into a taxi to draw a simple circle on his Surface, etc.

tuchas

Clever and funny!

I've had a few conversations with Apple users who say "There really needs to be an iPadPro" once they see my SP3. Who wants to bet that Apple is working on one right now?

An iPad Pro would not be enough. It would have to be an iPad/MBA hybrid in order to compete.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Clever and funny!

IPad Pro would also need iOS Pro with multi user, multitasking, multi windowing, mouse, kybd, pen support and a full Pro Browser not a mobile browser, full USB device support, microSD support, Then it would need a keyboard with touchpad and a pen. Good luck with that. :)

dstrauss

If you want a little entertainment, go over to 9to5Mac and see the comments to Ben Lovejoy's article claiming these three ads "attack" and "diss" their beloved MacBook - yours truly weighed in with a series of comments and it was like I got caught up in a fire ant swarm protecting the nest!

megatronium

If you want a little entertainment, go over to 9to5Mac and see the comments to Ben Lovejoy's article claiming these three ads "attack" and "diss" their beloved MacBook - yours truly weighed in with a series of comments and it was like I got caught up in a fire ant swarm protecting the nest!

The comments were good for a laugh!

bluegrass

I think some of the best advertisement that Microsoft has is the many shows on TV where the Surface pops up. Microsoft must have given a ton of them away to TV show producers. You know what the dead giveaway of a Surface is? I think it's the kickstand.

Kif

I think attack ad's just cement the perception that Apple is the market leader. Microsoft needs to first carve out a niche with trend setters and then let the masses follow. If I was Satya Nadella I would first let the world know Microsoft is in it for the long haul with the Surface Pro line. Secondly, I would fire their current advertising company and find someone who could emphasize how the SP3 is a very innovative high quality device for a special class of users.

dstrauss

But the point is, these weren't attack ads - for an example of that, look at the Samsung wall hugger ads kicking iPhone battery life in the jewels.

@bluegrass - you are right - I should have pointed that out. In fact David Pogue, a self-described Apple fan, pointed that out in his positive and funny Yahoo News review mocking the old "I'm a Mac" ads...