What's new

New TV Commercials

malberttoo

FINALLY they must have fired the people involved with all the previous Surface Pro commercials, that had idiots dancing around in board rooms and people skateboarding, and that said absolutely NOTHING about the product itself!

These are a great start. Show the product, lots of hands-on examples, compare it to your competition, etc. None of that trendy hipster nonsense.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I think we are looking at the commercial breaks for the USA's National Football League season.

CrippsCorner

I think Microsoft needs to stop fighting and comparing... just let the product speak for itself, we all know it's good enough! I was honestly about to show one or two of these to my iBuddy but in all honestly it felt a bit childish.

OP
ctitanic

ctitanic

I think Microsoft needs to stop fighting and comparing... just let the product speak for itself, we all know it's good enough! I was honestly about to show one or two of these to my iBuddy but in all honestly it felt a bit childish.
Sometimes you need something like this to wake up some users that live inside of a bubble.

kundas1

But that's just it, they ARE letting the product speak for itself and also letting people know what it can do against the other product... I personally think MS is FINALLY on the right track with these commercials... btw please show your buddy as I think they can use a good reality check/ wakeup call LOL

fonzman78

That's funny. The dude tries to pull out MBA screen.

Hey, this sounds suspiciously like my example that I gave in the Surface vs Others subsection.

On Jul 30, I wrote:

"Before I give him his MBP back, I open it and try to pull off the screen saying 'what, the screen doesn't come off? Are you guys stuck in the 90's?'"

It sounds like MS is finally showing folks what I have been doing all along since the SPro1 came out. This is what I call my Surface thing. You really don't even have to say anything. Mainly just sit next to folks that don't have a Surface and just start doing your thing. Take out the pen and start writing. Snap the keyboard off. Open the kickstand. Split the screen between a movie and email. Use the touchscreen in general. All of these actions cause folks sitting next to you to ask questions. I'm glad to see MS start to point out the real differences between the devices.

double07

One thing for sure is I often time tried to touch and/or swipe the screen on my MBP and I look stupid especially when I was around other people :)

kundas1

haha my GF started doing that on her Compaq laptop after using the Surface RT I lent her to use when I got my new SP3! so funny to watch cuzz it takes her 3 tries before she realizes it doesn't work like that! lol