What's new

OFFICIAL I just got my SP3

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Got mine a couple days ago and am LOVING this unit so far. My only gripe is the seemingly common slow wifi issue, but I have an adapter that I can use in the meantime while Microsoft and/or Marvel get the driver sorted. Unfortunately my new SP3 specific type cover shipped separately from the computer itself, and I won't be back at work to pick it up until Wednesday. Glad to see pretty favorable comments for it though.

So does Abby know you're wandering the internet unattended when she isn't in the Lab? I hope Gibbs doesn't find out or you'll be in big trouble!!! :)

sirchris

Got mine on launch day in a Microsoft kiosk. Got $435 for my sp2 128 GB and 10% student discount.;)
sp3 pic.jpg

Last edited:

kodos

I was against getting one, but then I was starting to run out of space on my 128GB SP2, and I thought - what the heck, let me try it out - I could use the extra real-estate when developing and not connected to an external monitor. Still setting up the beast, 4 hours after buying it. Got Visual Studio on here, downloaded all the code from my repositories, and now Logos Bible software is indexing 9GB of data. The fan has been running all night however. Hopefully once everything is done installing, it will be virtually fanless.

However, this new TypeCover hurts when I have it in the wedge position. It digs into my thighs when it is on my lap. I think it is the edge of the magnetic connectors on the underside. "Lapability" from that sense seems worse than my SP2. But the friction hinge - that thing is amazing. Love it.

We'll see. The 15 day countdown has begun... I'm hoping it is a keeper.

Geneo

I just got my SP3 directly from MS a few hours ago. Got it on the charger for now and will set it up shortly.
As expected, my GF initially gave me grief. "You got a Surface? Like the one in that TV ad?"
But then I started showing it to her.
There were numerous "Really?", "That's cool.", and "That's neat."
Finally she said, "Well, I'll let you test it out and if you like it, I may get one myself."

No pressure.

kodos

Visual Studio seems fine on it, but I haven't done anything taxing yet. It ran like a champ on my SP2 (4GB/128GB), so unless the throttling we keep hearing about is really bad - I expect it to run even better here. On my SP I have mostly been doing C#/ASP.Net/Mvc and Android (Xamarin) development. I would run an Android emulator, and build, etc. just fine on my SP2. I'll post notes if that doesn't continue to work at least as well. And if it doesn't, well the SP3 is going back because that's what I use it for, primarily. :)

unruledboy

Visual Studio seems fine on it, but I haven't done anything taxing yet. It ran like a champ on my SP2 (4GB/128GB), so unless the throttling we keep hearing about is really bad - I expect it to run even better here. On my SP I have mostly been doing C#/ASP.Net/Mvc and Android (Xamarin) development. I would run an Android emulator, and build, etc. just fine on my SP2. I'll post notes if that doesn't continue to work at least as well. And if it doesn't, well the SP3 is going back because that's what I use it for, primarily. :)

Wow, I am also doing exact same development....

Teddy Playgroup

I got mine two weeks ago!...I loved it so much I brought a 2nd one for my Mother (She's a traveling Social Worker) and she uses it 24-7....Her iPad is now collecting dust ...this is my first Surface and I love this thing!