What's new

Remote Desktop

donebrasko

I would like to control my work computer with my surface pro 3. The work computer is connected to a projector already so the students can see on the board but I would like to be able to walk around the room with my tablet and control the computer. What program or app do you recommend? I have wifi

FlySwatter

Have you tried using Windows' built in Remote Desktop? I haven't tried the Metro version, but I've used the desktop version at work over a bluetooth connection.

FlySwatter

You can also create a shortcut to %windir%\system32\mstsc.exe which is really the same path provided by citantic accept that it uses system variables instead of the pure path. And, if you want to get fancy-schmancy you can add a space followed by /v:computername (or replace computer name with computer IP address). That will open Remote desktop automatically configured to attempt to connect to that specific computer.

Finally, if you have Start8 installed which replaces the Windows 7 Start Menu (highly recommended), you can also find the Remote Desktop application at All Programs, Windows Accessories, Remote Desktop Connection. Good luck!

Mentox

The OP mentioned that he wants to connect to a PC that has a projector. So Remote Desktop isn't going to help as this will lock the screen.

FlySwatter

The OP mentioned that he wants to connect to a PC that has a projector. So Remote Desktop isn't going to help as this will lock the screen.
Crap, you're correct. You could use Remote Desktop Assistance which is built in, and avoid that behavior, but frankly that's a bit of a PITA.