Small tip to save battery during InstantGo/Connected Standby

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 3' started by nipponham, Oct 2, 2014.

1. nipponham

nipponham Active Member

Sep 24, 2014
    My Device:
    Limit your app notifications on the lock screen to the bare minimum. The less listening it has to do, the more battery is saved.

I only noticed this because I recently downloaded an app and it showed up on the lock screen when I didn’t need it to. I went to disable it through the lock screen settings and noticed a bunch of apps that were set to appear. This must have been done automatically because I don’t remember actively setting anything except for email and Skype.

Anyway, it’s been a couple of days now with the lock screen notifications cleaned up and I’ve noticed a big improvement in battery consumption during Connected Standby. I usually shutdown my machine at night before I go to bed but I let it go to sleep last night from midnight to 7am. Battery decreased from 76%→75%. My average before the changes was something like 7-8% consumption overnight.

This might seem like a no-brainer but it’s only something I noticed by accident. Thought I’d share and let more people know:)