What's new

Surface Dock and Ultra Wide Monitor

Cimmerian

ok - thanks (I just ordered 2 2.0 hdmi cables just in case...I can't tell if mine are 1.0 or 2.0 but the 2.0's look completely different on Amazon, so I'm going to try that also. Thank you so much!

No problem, I hope it works out for you, my only other concern would be that the monitor itself doesn't have HDMI 2.0 on it, it doesn't explicitly state that it does on product page. It seems like it would be silly not to but my Asus doesn't for some odd reason. Hasn't ever been a concern for me as I just use the DP connection, even if it did have HDMI 2.0 that only supports up to 60hrtz while my monitor can go up to 100hrtz.

Cables have become too confusing these days and it's hard to know what "version" of the connector your using. Anyways, let us know how it goes, if something is still having issues I'd assume the DP cable I posted earlier would work just fine.

Cimmerian

No problem, I hope it works out for you, my only other concern would be that the monitor itself doesn't have HDMI 2.0 on it, it doesn't explicitly state that it does on product page. It seems like it would be silly not to but my Asus doesn't for some odd reason. Hasn't ever been a concern for me as I just use the DP connection, even if it did have HDMI 2.0 that only supports up to 60hrtz while my monitor can go up to 100hrtz.

Cables have become too confusing these days and it's hard to know what "version" of the connector your using. Anyways, let us know how it goes, if something is still having issues I'd assume the DP cable I posted earlier would work just fine.

This leads me to believe it may not have HDMI 2.0 ports:
upload_2017-4-21_15-16-45.png

Pulled this from the product page: 21:9 UltraWide® | QHD IPS Monitor | 34UC87M-B 34” QHD IPS Monitor | LG USA

UPDATE: Just above that it says the HDMI ports do infact support 60hrtz my bad:
upload_2017-4-21_15-22-11.png

Last edited: