What's new

Surface Pro 2 1.9 CPU Lot Numbers

Pentad

If you have been following my saga, I got my 3rd SP2 512GB replacement today and it was lot 1350. Bastards! I was assured that this was the new CPU, they called the warehouse, blah, blah, blah. I can't believe how hard it is to actually get what is promised.

-P

benjitek

Yep -- you just add those card numbers that come with each 4200 Surface they send. I thought it would add 200gb and give me a total of 400, but it's apparently not set up that way; it extended my 200gb another 2 years. Same with the Skype one, it extended that subscription another year. I just consider it a fee for promising me 4300's and sending me 4200's.

bamaster

Aww, snap! You're right! I replaced my first SP2 , which was suffering from the first firmware snafu so I had it replaced. I entered that SkyDrive coupon and I didn't see a bump in drive space so I figured it was just valid once per user. But I just checked and it expires in 2017! And since I am exchanging my SP2 for the CPU upgrade... I'll be able to get it extended to 2019! Booya!

Pentad

Another update:

I called MS to complain about not getting the new CPU when I placed my order for the 3rd time.

MS apologized, issued a return, and sent out a new SP2 512GB w/new CPU with free overnight shipping.

They told me that all order after the 17th come with the new CPU. All shipping order have the new CPU.

I will let you know,
-P

benjitek

Another update:

I called MS to complain about not getting the new CPU when I placed my order for the 3rd time.

MS apologized, issued a return, and sent out a new SP2 512GB w/new CPU with free overnight shipping.

They told me that all order after the 17th come with the new CPU. All shipping order have the new CPU.

I will let you know,
-P
When I ordered my first one on the 10th, they told me all currently shipping models had the new CPU... Good luck

bamaster

My update... I received my rerplacement SP2 from a Standard Exchange. I arranged this though Surface Support. It was a refurbished unit with the old CPU. Gah!

I called Surface Support again and they advised that the best way to know for sure what I'm getting is through a retain store. So I made an appointment at my local Microsoft Store. Explained my fiasco to the technician. ANd he swapped it out for a new device on the spot. It helped that I have the Surface Complete warranty. Yay! It took three tries but I finally got a new SP2 with the 1.9 GHz CPU.

So far so good. Wish me luck!

benjitek

The 512GB SP2? It was my understanding that no retailer, MS Store included, stocked that model -- it had to be ordered online.