What's new

Surface Pro 2 1.9 CPU Lot Numbers

Philtastic

My guess is that they don't really sell a ton of the 512 GB version (regularly in stock on the website) such that they still have a load of old 4200U ones sitting around.

benjitek

Same here... I ordered on the 12th... shipped yesterday, received today. Lot 1348.

Return it and wait a few weeks? Called Microsoft customer service and they said they had no idea and offered me a refund. For $1799 at this point.. may as well wait for the faster processor.

Yes, but in reverse -- I'm going to return/exchange it, but will wait a few weeks -- it's a 30-day window, might as well play around with it for a bit and then try my luck again. I'd say watch the web site to see if they run out, and then get them in again -- better chance of the new stock having the 4300. Seems as if the high-priced 512's didn't sell, and they've got a bunch to unload...

jrapdx

FWIW, last evening (Jan 14), I returned the SP2 (256GB) I'd purchased mid-December (1348), and acquired a unit marked "1352". I was stunned at how little hassle there was making the trade. It prompted the idea MS was feeling a bit guilty over their Firmware Exploit causing buyers so much grief.

Now we'll have to see if the New and Improved SP2 is really working better. One thing I'll add, for sure I'm gonna be real careful about future firmware "upgrades". It's been way too exhausting getting this one resolved.

kgneo

GOT IT! The Boca Raton (Town Center Mall Kiosk) had no idea how to verify the upgraded vs original but she followed instructions and was very helpful. Drove the 30 minutes from Fort Lauderdale and just got home with my 256GB Pro 2 and verified the chipset. They have both the 128GB and 256GB with lots 1352.
Screenshot (1).png

OP
MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle

Congrats to both of you Posts #101 & #102. Here's to you both enjoying your excellent new Surface Pro 2 tablets. Glad the Lot number is still of some use here and there. But soon everything coming out will hopefully be the newer stock.

ilani

I can confirm that lot No.1352 the 256gb version is the new one, and I got mine at the Yorkdale Microsoft Store in Toronto, for all you Canadians. Good Luck Everyone

Flash

Sooo Checking Intel's website I see that vPro is supported for the u4300 .... Is that to say that I can remote into a surface pro with this new chip? Can someone confirm this??? I've been waiting on purchasing one and this would be a nice feature for me personally.

OP
MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle

Sooo Checking Intel's website I see that vPro is supported for the u4300 .... Is that to say that I can remote into a surface pro with this new chip? Can someone confirm this??? I've been waiting on purchasing one and this would be a nice feature for me personally.

I believe this is correct but please wait until someone else confirms this.

Pentad

I can now tell you how to order a SP2 and make sure you get the new CPU.

I called the Microsoft store yesterday and they were well aware of the new CPU. I told them I wanted to order a new SP2 w/512GB & the new CPU. They said online ordering is hit or miss since they still have old stock but phone orders can call the warehouse to check/reserve a SP2 with the new CPU. They put me on hold, called the warehouse, and set me up with a SP2 w/512GB that has the new CPU.

Just wanted to pass this along,
-P