What's new

Surface Tweak Tool for Surface Pro 2 - Release!

Hey GoodBytes, any chance you can uncover a way to change the "Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames" value in the Intel GPU driver?

This setting is exposed to some degree in Nvidia and AMD drivers, but I cannot find a way to change it for Intel, even when we had the Intel control panel. Perhaps they don't expose it at all--if they do it would be a good tweak to have available in your tool. Some games can have aggravating input lag on the Surface Pro.

OP
G

GoodBytes

I checked, and the option is not available in the Intel driver configurations. There is no way to change it.
Maybe the day Intel will be serious in making their drivers, let alone focus on gaming performance, this might change, but so far, Intel is treating their graphics solution as a free solution that you are getting, and treating it as so, even though you pay it in the price of the CPU.

OP
G

GoodBytes

Fingers crossed for a real GPU in a future Surface...

I wish. I don't mind a return to a thicker Surface Pro if it has a dedicated GPU. But I believe the move to a thinner device killed that possibility, especially that the Pro 3 has trouble cooling itself already.

OP
G

GoodBytes

Are you planning to fully support the Pro3? I would love to see that.

I don't have a Pro 3 to test anything, and start digging for tweaks. So if something comes up, and it works, I can see it implementing in my software for a "1-click solution" type of thing. Of course, anything that applies for the Pro 2 and Pro 3 will be included as well, for example Intel integrated graphics fix and tweaks.
I do plan buying another Surface Pro later on. Maybe the Pro 4, if not: Pro 5, all depending when they get released, and what they offer.

Maybe, when I graduate from university (soon - December), and lucky enough to get a job at Microsoft, I could afford a new Surface Pro every release, sure.

Last edited:

Izord

ESET antivirus 7 won't let me access the linked source in the OP with a 'potentially dangerous' site warning. Any tips?

Izord

Yes I can go to your main site. The OP site is still blocked. I turned off ESET to get your tweak tool, thanks. Been using ESET and its predecessor NOD for over ten years, been pretty happy with it.