What's new

System Firmware update

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you having issues with the Microsoft Wireless Adapter, run the MUI App and check to see if there is a Firmware Update for it, I heard rumor (I had a meeting with one of the Surface Program Managers yesterday :) ) that an update was out or would soon be...

VickiFL

Last edited:

mohcho

For those of you having issues with the Microsoft Wireless Adapter, run the MUI App and check to see if there is a Firmware Update for it, I heard rumor (I had a meeting with one of the Surface Program Managers yesterday :) ) that an update was out or would soon be...

There's the issue. How can you update it if you can't connect to it? I already tried connecting with the MUI app and the SP3 doesn't find it.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
There's the issue. How can you update it if you can't connect to it? I already tried connecting with the MUI app and the SP3 doesn't find it.

Role back the video driver and update the firmware....I can't try as the WDA App won't install on my Windows 10 SP3 :( but even after the Firmware my WDA is working...

mohcho

Tried that. It seemed to have broke the connection to the WDA. I removed all the old drivers and even the new one and reinstalled the new one and still no go.

mohcho

I went back three drivers and still nothing. It's kind of annoying since the WDA works great work my phone but can't get it working with the SP3 which is why I bought it.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Can you try to roll back the WiFi Driver? Some on answer.Microsoft.com Resetting fixed it, it doesn't seem to be widespread but it is affecting some users...

Arizona Willie

I was disappointed. I hoped the new firmware would enable my Surface Pro I to mirror to our Sony UHD tv.
No such luck.

I've tried installing the driver from Intel but it keeps telling me I have the latest driver and I know I don't.
The manual installation does the same thing.
Would not let me install.

But, I'm trying to mirror to the TV without using a Microsoft adapter. Sometimes I can get the start screen to appear on the TV for one second and then it goes black but the TV says it is still mirroring. Seems something cuts off the signal. But since the Start screen < will > mirror it proves that the tablet < should > be able to mirror without the adapter or the start screen wouldn't be able to appear at all.

Oh well, fortunately it isn't something I badly need to do.

Epic fail, the Intel Driver Update apparently breaks the MWDA (Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter) MS's own miracast device. Just wow!

Confirmed works fine when rolling back driver 10.18.10.3496 or when using the latest from Intel 10.18.14.4080

Gaborax

I updated my SP3 with the new system firmware update (15/1), but it corrupted my Marvell Wireless-AC Network Controller. I have no wireless and bluetooth connection available. When I try to install manually the driver (this version or the previous (14/11) version) it stops with the error message "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device" - "The system cannot find the file specified". I tried to update the driver via Internet (my Surface LAN adapter works), but I get the same error message.
Any ideas?