What's new

To those who get more than 6 hours....

Do you have the same battery?

• Total voters

cemian

Just curious those who get more than 6 hours of battery life out of their SP3...can you check to see if you have the same battery in the battery report? Thanks

battery1.PNG

OP
C

cemian

wow that is awesome! my SIMPLO battery is turning out to be a SIMBLOW...doesn't give me on average more than 4 hours...I wonder how could we identify which battery is in the SP3 before we buy one? lot#?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
wow that is awesome! my SIMPLO battery is turning out to be a SIMBLOW...doesn't give me on average more than 4 hours...I wonder how could we identify which battery is in the SP3 before we buy one? lot#?
You cannot make the conclusion that it's the battery from this. More important is how you use it, what you have installed.

nipponham

I wouldn't be so quick to blame the manufacturer. There are countless reasons for bad battery life. SIMPLO provides batteries for iPhone 6s so they can't be that bad.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's not actually a good argument, have you seen those wall huggers :D

Cause or causality? I've no evidence or data, but well, most folk hugging the walls are doing so because they have such a fantastic social life that they cannot stop checking facebook and twitter and instagram for long enough to look to see if there is traffic approaching. And dare i say it, from my own observation, this practice seems more prevalent with aple users than android :p (and windows phone users don't have the apps to take up all there battery life in the first place :p j/k)

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cause or causality? I've no evidence or data, but well, most folk hugging the walls are doing so because they have such a fantastic social life that they cannot stop checking facebook and twitter and instagram for long enough to look to see if there is traffic approaching. And dare i say it, from my own observation, this practice seems more prevalent with aple users than android :p (and windows phone users don't have the apps to take up all there battery life in the first place :p j/k)
Ah yes, Facebook... I guess they are just interacting with their *Wall* :D

SeanP

That's not actually a good argument, have you seen those wall huggers :D

Exactly. let me guess, uses Chrome as primary browser.
I wouldn't be so quick to blame the manufacturer. There are countless reasons for bad battery life. SIMPLO provides batteries for iPhone 6s so they can't be that bad.

I am a HEAVY user of my iPhone 6+. I routinely get 15+ hours with 15% left by the end of the day. I am on that device all day long.

As for this SP3 and battery life, I COULD get 9 hours if I barely used the damned thing.

I don't use Chrome, as it's a hog, but I am getting between 5.5-6.5 hours. I am a moderate to heavy user. All Office programs open all the time, IE where I grab my email, etc. Web surfing and always using CRM SFDC for all work.

Brightness at around 50% as well.

Not sure how it's possible to get 9 hours unless you don't use it all that much and the screen is not on continually. In order to be "Working" from it one would imagine it's on 90-95% of the time.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ihave the other battery that has been mentioned. Prior to windows 10 which is hit and miss, i regularly got 8-9 hours of constant use (by which i mean nothing but onenote and inking, and then word with the typecover) and about 30-40% brightness.

I admit though, the brightness levels required to obtain this kind of figure are far lower than i would like. I'd prefer say 50% but am aware that it drains the battery, and the device even tells you so much.