What's new

What is your average battery life on your SP3?

what is your avg sp3 battery life?

• Total voters

Liam2349

Dear Liam, I use the desktop IE. Is the metro version more battery efficient?

How did you calibrate the battery? Where did you get the new Intel driver from?

I believe the metro version will give you slightly longer battery life, but I don't think the difference is very big.

You calibrate the battery by charging it to 100% and then draining it until the device shuts down. This will give you a new reading of maximum battery capacity, which degrades over time, and more accurate battery percentage indicators.

The new Intel driver is an optional update - you should look here for more details:
http://www.surfaceforums.net/threads/new-intel-driver.11175/

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I believe the metro version will give you slightly longer battery life, but I don't think the difference is very big.

You calibrate the battery by charging it to 100% and then draining it until the device shuts down. This will give you a new reading of maximum battery capacity, which degrades over time, and more accurate battery percentage indicators.

The new Intel driver is an optional update - you should look here for more details:
http://www.surfaceforums.net/threads/new-intel-driver.11175/
In my tests MUI IE vs. Desktop IE is about an hour additional battery life...

kristalsoldier

So looks like my 6 hour vote was not correct

View attachment 2541

Should the point of interest not be the first figure and not the second, that is to say, not towards the figure to which the arrow points? The first figure is that "at full charge" and the second figure is "design capacity". Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

Last edited:

Aegeas

Echoing the MUI IE battery life here. Use it instead of desktop. It is a good thing for battery life among other things.

Shawn

I still use Chrome. But, I disable all the extension like Gmail checker, spell checker, gdrive, etc. When I compare the cpu utilization, it's much lower now. I did the same for explorer, disable all the add-on.

Aurelio

Anybody know how to reset the Battery Report we get in CMD using: powercfg /batteryreport /output %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\battery_report.html

I don't know why, one of the days count my estimated time as 124939189423 hours of battery HEAHEAEAEHEH

And that screw up all my statistics.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm trying to install and keep asking for Net Frameworks 2 or higher. and I have the 4.5 already!!!!

Can't understand :(
Install .net framework 3.5 which includes support for all the prior versions... but as this is a bit late you probly already did that :)

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anybody know how to reset the Battery Report we get in CMD using: powercfg /batteryreport /output %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\battery_report.html

I don't know why, one of the days count my estimated time as 124939189423 hours of battery HEAHEAEAEHEH

And that screw up all my statistics.
Not sure... try using the Duration option to select number of days to analyze.

/Duration 5

There probably is a way to reset it if it can be found. It gets reset doing a Refresh but you don't want to do that simply for Battery Stats.

I'll keep harping on this, MS must give us more Reset Buttons because Refresh as a panacea just blows. They should be collecting forensics on all resets and refreshes so the understand the reasons and can fix the issues rather than perpetuating them.

Last edited:

cdf3

I have had my i7 Surface Pro for about a month. The battery report says my estimate battery life since OS install is 4 hours 37 minutes. The estimate was 6 hours and 5 minutes a month ago and this estimate has been decreasing to 2 hours and 52 minutes as of yesterday. Tonight my battery life was 3 hours and 52 minutes just by browsing this forum and other websites. No videos or flash content. Also, it says that my battery design capacity is 42,157 mWh but my current full charge capacity is 41,238 mWh. Battery bar gives me the same capacities, and it says there is a battery wear of 2.2%. Is this a normal wear for just a month of use? The battery cycle count is 17. Why am I getting less and less battery life every day?

My brightness percentage is 36 %.

Any help will be appreciated.

Best regards,

Jordi

Thought it was just me. My battery life has seem to decided as well after using it for several months.