What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bender

Ah ok thanks. So that means, that all my applications (VS, Inventor, PS, MatLab) are still installed after the upgrade?

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
@bender

Apps (Hub / Metro / Modern interface) will survive. The settings for them are tucked away for you. The Apps themselves download or are refreshed automatically from the Store.

Programs (Desktop) may not survive. You may have to install them again.

I keep install sets of my programs in a /OneDrive/Software folder structure, so that they are always available for me in case a Build corrupts or destroys them.

I also keep backgrounds in /OneDrive/Pictures/Backgrounds_SP3

bender

..."I keep install sets of my programs in a /OneDrive/Software folder structure, so that they are always available for me in case a Build corrupts or destroys them."...

Do I understand right, you have installed your programs on OneDrive or only stored the setup-Files there? Is it possible to start PhoteShop or MatLab from OneDrive?!

Kris

I also run Office 2016, and the pen works perfectly. I believe OneNote updated from the Store after I started using it.

Wait pressing the purple button on the pen brings up OneNote 2016? What about pressing the second button, does it bring up the spin wheel for options?

Automatic Color picker is activated?
View attachment 6090
I have that option chose, have done many clean installs and upgrades but can not get it to work on my SP3.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wait pressing the purple button on the pen brings up OneNote 2016? What about pressing the second button, does it bring up the spin wheel for options?

I have that option chose, have done many clean installs and upgrades but can not get it to work on my SP3.

I just tried using it, but its not entirely brilliant. I found that it just changes the colour based on what colour the taskbar would overlap. So I've an almost entirely red background, but because of a little bit of blue sky (I have taskbar at top of screen) it selects a blue theme, which doesn't quite mesh. Maybe they should have the option to have it select colour based on what it will cover up, or select colour based on the general colour of the background, kind of like when you can filter Google images by colour and it just finds the most dominant colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.