What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CV81

So I'm using 9879 , doesn't appear to have much CPU running but the thing is running louder and hotter than usual. Is this from the all the upgrading and it might subside when cooled down tomorrow? I did a couple upgrades and its about 20 mins since, while continuing to do some installs. Let me know if there are any immediate tips that are recommended. Thanks everyone.

I'll report back my findings, although I'm sure if it works for the guru's here, it's me.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Watch this space for the January Technical Preview or Consumer Preview of Windows 10, expected on or before January 21, 2015.

Still going strong as my production OS on a Surface Pro 3 i7 512.

Screenshot (260).png

Screenshot (259).png

Screenshot (261).png

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Still going well here. Only major issue i faced today was repeat pen issues. First the pen would not work, this was solved by a reboot, happened again, reboot didn't work so re-paired, and it worked, but after re-pairing, the pen would write when not touching the screen, the moment it got within the 2cm or whatever, it would see it as a click. Only thing that changed recently was that office has for some reason started telling me it's failed activation.

Looking forward to the next release.

jumper4000

Does Windows 10 support independent monitor DPI scaling? For example, can I set the DPI on my Surface display to 150% and set it to 100% on my external monitors? Currently, lack of this feature is the most annoying limitation on Windows 8.1.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Does Windows 10 support independent monitor DPI scaling? For example, can I set the DPI on my Surface display to 150% and set it to 100% on my external monitors? Currently, lack of this feature is the most annoying limitation on Windows 8.1.
Not yet.... but we'll see more details of where it is heading with the Consumer Preview's release next week.

leeshor

I would be willing to wager the final release will. I can't imagine that it wouldn't.

SteveMac

Leeshor, I certainly hope that you are right, I can't believe it's been this long for what should be considered a basic default feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.