What's new

Windows 10 Preview on Surface Pro 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptrkhh

Does Windows 10 support independent monitor DPI scaling? For example, can I set the DPI on my Surface display to 150% and set it to 100% on my external monitors? Currently, lack of this feature is the most annoying limitation on Windows 8.1.
I want 200% on my SP3 and 125% on my monitor. The feature is actually baked in 8.1 already, but they insist that their predetermined scaling is better than letting us choose individually.

Switch6

Hyper-V now supports Connected Standby in Windows 10 so that it's why you are only getting percentages...

The ability to run Hyper-V alongside the Connected Standby mode will make me want to grab the tech preview now rather than wait. Thanks!

Anyone have experience in working with Visual Studio on a Windows 10 install?

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I use Visual Studio on my Windows 10, with no problems (registered developer).

Screenshot (262).png

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's all it was? Bah lol why make me reboot for that

I don't have internet at home, so that security update could have been from weeks ago. But as i say, i just checked for updates and nothing came up other than a definition update and printer driver update, certainly nothing critical or important.

mitchellvii

Guys have they solved the leafblower fan issue with W10 on the SP3 yet? That's why I dumped it. Fan ran hard constantly. On W8 basically never runs.

ScottyS

Guys have they solved the leafblower fan issue with W10 on the SP3 yet? That's why I dumped it. Fan ran hard constantly. On W8 basically never runs.
No. In fact I have Core Temp running and I just left Win10 running with nothing open (except Core Temp) and the alerts that core temperature was critical (set at < 194ºF) kept coming so fast I has to reboot it into Win8.1.

I got 3 apps and 5 IE windows open in Win8.1 and the temp is 115º.

Status
Not open for further replies.