What's new

AAAAAARRRRRGH the dreaded WiFi issue

Afy

Finished updating everything.. Installed Office 2016 etc.. and suddenly the Wifi refuses to connect to the network. Or connect and not allow any access.
Tried the registry hack, which weirdly led to the adapter not seeing any networks.

Went into Device Manager and changer the adapter to only use the 2.4 GHz band.. voila Wifi is back.

Other than which no issues. Thank god..

Any ideas on dealing with the Wifi issue would be highly appreciated.

leeshor

I don't have Office 2016 installed but fully updated and no WiFi issues. Did it start with the Office install?

I'm on my 5GHz and never have had a problem.

OP
A

Afy

Started after installing Visio 2016.. very strange.
I also just deleted the adapter and rebooted. No issues in the last 5 minutes... :)

andrempf

I have lots of problems with the WiFi. I already called to Microsoft and they told me to wait for an update to fix those problems.

Problem number 1:
In my home he as lots of trouble to fix to the WiFi... No idea why..

Problem number 2:
This is the worst of them all, I can't connect the external hard drive USB 3 because the WiFi have some kind of interference with USB 3 nearby and can't connect to the router.. This happens even when the hard drive is connected to another computer..

The other devices around have no problems just the surface.

Its incredible a so much expensive device having this kind of issues..

OP
A

Afy

Now that you mention it, that could be an issue as well. I use a ton of external HDD's without which I would be dead in the water. Will check if that causes an issue as well.
Fingers and toes crossed for a quick fix.