What's new

Anniversary Update Project To This PC on "Secure Networks"

OP
N

netuser

That isn't the answer for this. The network is labeled as "Secured" in the list of available wifi networks, but this feature still doesn't work unless it's set as "Available everywhere."
Clearly, there is some unique requirement that applies only to "Project to My PC."

Has anyone here actually got this to work with the setting enabled "Available everywhere on secure networks?"

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I know you are trying to help, the issue is that MS hasn't created any IT Pro documentation on what the criteria is for a "Secure Network", we can speculate. The member here as attempted to use the feature using the secure setting on a WPA2 Secured Network and is unable to negotiate the handshake to use it, but using the unsecured method works....

I use the feature all the time, but using it in an unsecured method.

OP
N

netuser

I know you are trying to help, the issue is that MS hasn't created any IT Pro documentation on what the criteria is for a "Secure Network", we can speculate. The member here as attempted to use the feature using the secure setting on a WPA2 Secured Network and is unable to negotiate the handshake to use it, but using the unsecured method works....

I use the feature all the time, but using it in an unsecured method.

I don't even understand how your "network" even relates this feature since the connection is direct between devices and doesn't connect to the local wifi network. I was able to connect two devices that were not even joined to the same wireless networks.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I don't even understand how your "network" even relates this feature since the connection is direct between devices and doesn't connect to the local wifi network. I was able to connect two devices that were not even joined to the same wireless networks.
I thought the same thing, as when enabled it shows a Virtual WiFi Card to connect to the Soft Miracast Adapter....