What's new

Windows 10 App Store Missing and Other Apps not working

JamieD

After downloading Windows 10, thing worked well for a few weeks. After trying to download "Windows Essentials", my entire system has been in disarray. I went back to a previous version of Windows 10 before the corruption, but now NONE of my native Windows10 apps will open. I receive the following error: "There's a problem with (whichever app). Contact your system administrator about repairing or reinstalling it." ringtone download

The PC App Store icon is gone completely (as is the Microsoft Edge app and icon), and when trying to open it through "Search", I receive the following error: "Problem With Shortcut: The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'PC App Store.lnk' refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then try again."

I've tried the wsreset fix, but receive the following error: "MS-Windows-store.PurgeCaches. The application cannot be started. Try reinstalling the app to fix the problem."
Jimin – Set Me Free ringtone: Jimin - Set Me Free Ringtone - FREE Download
If anyone can provide any help at all, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited:

Orlbuckeye

Sounds like your profile is corrupt. If you create a new profile (account) and and then tie it to the MS account you downloads the apps under and they work will confirm it's a corrupt profile.