What's new

anyone else get update KB2919355?

kundas1

weird thing happened but I got the update to install KB2919355 today, when I already installed that update on the 8th... and it shows it was successful! so my question is why is my S2 asking to install the exact same security update again? :confused:

kristalsoldier

Wait...is this a RT update or a security update? Because if it is the former, I got a notification of it and downloaded and installed it. I assume it is a firmware update though I did not bother to check details. On the other hand, I also don't know what kind of a device you have - Pro or RT. Probably the former, in which case none of the above apply.

OP
kundas1

kundas1

it's the RT update which is why I posted in the Surface2 forum thread :wink: also when I looked into the details it said it was a security update bla bla bla this and that. so did you get the SAME update twice?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It was re-issued, I received it on all 6 of my Windows 8.1/RT machines in the household....

OP
kundas1

kundas1

all 6? jeez dude sure you don't have enough? LOL don't tell kristalsoldier that, might expect you to give 1 or 2 away! lmao :wink:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I have a S2 and a Pro 2, my son has a S2 and Pro 2, wife has a Pro 2 (she sold her S2 so we could get an Xbox One for the living room because she only wanted one machine), and we have a HTPC (not used much anymore).

Deckyon

I have a S2 and a Pro 2, my son has a S2 and Pro 2, wife has a Pro 2 (she sold her S2 so we could get an Xbox One for the living room because she only wanted one machine), and we have a HTPC (not used much anymore).

Sounds like me. Pro2, iPad, MBP, MacMini, 2x Apple TVs, old HP Win Vista laptop (used for Portable Apps testing), Dell Work Laptop (Win7), iPhone 5S(personal), BlackBerry Z10 (work)