What's new

Anyone planning on trying Windows 10 Preview tomorrow?

unruledboy

I installed it last night on my SP3.

I was very surprised at how quickly it installed. Everything seems fine. I still have to disable/enable my wifi adapter occasionally but I wasn't expecting a fix for a bad driver in a new os.

Took about 5 minutes to tour the new old start menu, and figure out how to switch it back to metro. I am glad they brought back the start menu, and I am very glad they make it optional.

I am very excited about the ability to run apps in windows, which considering the name of the operating system, it should have been able to do all along.

did you use fresh install or upgrade from win8.1?

Please someone send this feedback to Microsoft: when resizing the start menu, allow users to drag start menu across entire screen to get the "Start Screen". Right clicking taskbar, going into options, enabling, signing out, etc. are WAY too many steps to get back Start Screen. Simply resizing start menu to full screen would be a nice way to get Start Screen back. Or else a litttle "arrow" button in the corner of the start menu that launches it into full screen Start Screen.

rege0039

I've installed it in a VM and what I have seen I like. I use a lot of modern apps but want to combine them with desktop (I.e. I want One Calendar next to Outlook 2013). I know I can do that with snap but it just seems better, when in desktop mode not to have swap back to the start screen and then do all the snapping but just start both from start button and run in windowed mode.

I just want to check one thing that may be me being stupid ! It won't just swap from start button on desktop to start screen in touch, not without selecting the option from the start button properties and rebooting. That's because 'continuum' isn't working, yet, right ? Not cos I've done something wrong or 'cos I'm running it in a VM.

Other than that I like what I have seen enough to go all in pretty quickly, may be I will wait until 'Continuum is up and running' but I don't think it will be long for me.

I just want to check one thing that may be me being stupid ! It won't just swap from start button on desktop to start screen in touch, not without selecting the option from the start button properties and rebooting. That's because 'continuum' isn't working, yet, right ? Not cos I've done something wrong or 'cos I'm running it in a VM.

Please send this to MSFT via their feedback app. They have made it way too difficult for casual users to find the Start Screen. There should be an easy way to get it, e.g. a launch full screen version on the start menu, or as I suggested before, being able to stretch (resize) the start menu across the entire screen to get back the Start Screen.

Since I don't have the feedback app, I hope some people here can make this suggestion to MSFT. Thanks.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
BTW - The scaling is much better on Windows 10, the Icons are the same size between screens now...

Adam_ation

Please send this to MSFT via their feedback app. They have made it way too difficult for casual users to find the Start Screen. There should be an easy way to get it, e.g. a launch full screen version on the start menu, or as I suggested before, being able to stretch (resize) the start menu across the entire screen to get back the Start Screen.

I am positive a quicker method with come in time. If i see anything on the feedback app ill be sure to +1 it for you - Adam