What's new

Anyone try a "digital Pen" on an S2?

BruceDTX

Hi!
I was scanning the MS User forums for the Surface 2 and saw they said the Surface 2 supports a capacitive stylus and a "digital pen". I looked up what they were, but I'm wondering...has anyone here tried one on an S2? Wondering how it works and if it'd be worth my time and dough to get one?

Any input would be appreciated!

Bruce

oion

If by "digital pen" you mean active stylus--the type Wacom-supported devices have--the answer is no. There are lots of capacitive pens on the market for the type of screen on the Surface 2, but these are the rubbery fat crayon nub things. The most accurate capacitive stylus is probably the Adonit Jot Pro.

OP
B

BruceDTX

That's what I understood too, but after reading the MS forums, one of the MS people said it supported capacitive and 'digital pens'. Puzzled, I looked up digital pens and the Wacom is one of the examples it mentions. Odd. I wondered if anyone else had tried it. That is the first I had seen it.

Anyway, I read another forum where you recommended the Adonit, Jot Pro. It seems good. Just wondering if there was anything else.

Thanks!!

oion

That's what I understood too, but after reading the MS forums, one of the MS people said it supported capacitive and 'digital pens'. Puzzled, I looked up digital pens and the Wacom is one of the examples it mentions. Odd. I wondered if anyone else had tried it. That is the first I had seen it.

Anyway, I read another forum where you recommended the Adonit, Jot Pro. It seems good. Just wondering if there was anything else.

Thanks!!

The Surface Pro line (capacitive+active digitizer) supports both capacitive and active styli, but not the Surface RT/2 line (capacitive screens only). That person is definitely wrong... :eek: I don't suppose you have the link? Man, and on top of the bad TV commercial that starts out with the Surface 2 but shows clips of a Surface Pro 2 with pen--no wonder people get confused.