What's new

Apps I would like to see on Surface RT

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
trolling huh, so start a new thread on top of one that had been bumped before... OK. and if you don't want the topic brought up again then ban topics that might question you so beloved product. OR offer some solutions to people. yes I did do research and actually asked some of these questions specifically and was told I could be able to access most of them...not that bad information is the fault of the device, that's just the disappointment. and I would never use chrome BC I agree its an energy hog.
just curious then as well....where are your solutions, answers, alternatives to others that wish to have apps added as well...wouldn'twant to necro anything again looking for solutions before I give up.
Sorry for coming off too strong, but we get these posts all the time from Google and Apple stalwarts....necro old threads with post such as yours related to "This Sucks...."

Everything I needed or wanted to do with my RT and Surface 2 I could do, for offline video I used Xbox Video, for BBC, I was able to use the website and stream. IE works on every site I wanted which negated needing all of the appified websites that Android and Apple call apps. You need to admit that expecting RT to run another platforms ecosystem is very disengenious.

kundas1

You need to admit that expecting RT to run another platforms ecosystem is very disengenious.

^^^ Exactly this! also instead of concentrating on what the RT can't do (which is run OTHER platform apps, which is just silly), why not educate yourself on what the RT CAN do! You will be amazed on what it CAN DO... go look for some vide on youtube like I mentioned in my earlier post that Sean Ong posted... prepared to have mind blown... and lastly, I still have my Surface 2 RT that I kept with my SP3 because it is such a great device... but yea if you want the Google play stuff then buy an android device OR buy the SP3 and install duOS android virtual OS and then you can have the Google play store...

Drey

that's OK, I understand. I also probably made my disappointment look worse than it is. I like my machine don't get me wrong but unfortunately what I was told it could do and what I needed it in part for, isn't what reality is.
someone told me of a program to use that apparently works really well that will allow me to do some of the things i need. so all is not lost.
regardless, I'm stuck with this thing now so must make some attempts to get it to do what I need. I do like it, just disappointed that certain apps are not available. sorry if it came off trolling, just looking for some solutions.

's ="jnjroach, post: 99546, member: 7435"]Sorry for coming off too strong, but we get these posts all the time from Google and Apple stalwarts....necro old threads with post such as yours related to "This Sucks...."

Everything I needed or wanted to do with my RT and Surface 2 I could do, for offline video I used Xbox Video, for BBC, I was able to use the website and stream. IE works on every site I wanted which negated needing all of the appified websites that Android and Apple call apps. You need to admit that expecting RT to run another platforms ecosystem is very disengenious.[/QUOTE]
Sorry for coming off too strong, but we get these posts all the time from Google and Apple stalwarts....necro old threads with post such as yours related to "This Sucks...."

Everything I needed or wanted to do with my RT and Surface 2 I could do, for offline video I used Xbox Video, for BBC, I was able to use the website and stream. IE works on every site I wanted which negated needing all of the appified websites that Android and Apple call apps. You need to admit that expecting RT to run another platforms ecosystem is very disengenious.
thats
thats

goodintentions

Dude....did you do any level of research before you bought it? Why are on earth did you buy Windows RT Tablet with the expectation of running Android Apps on it? Do yourself a huge favor and get a refund and buy a Android Tablet and allow Google to track all of behavior and sell it to their clients but at least you will have the ecosystem you want.

BTW - IE is still the number one used browser...Chrome on Windows is a battery killer and a resource hog.
Hehe reminds me of a thread on an android forum I came across once. The OP told us he had just bought windows 7 license and downloaded windows 7. He now had an asus infinity (android device) and he needed us to tell him how to install windows 7 on it. When we told him this couldn't be done, he went on a rant and ended it with something like "I should have bought an ipad..."