What's new

Attach GPS & use for Location?

DaveBo

New Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2015
Messages
1
Points
1
My Device
Surface 3 (Atom)
If I attach a GPS, e.g. a dongle, can I set the location services to use that?
The current WiFi scheme is useless in my area & where I'll be using this most (on a boat).

FYI the Staples writeup on the Surface 3 claims it has GPS/Assisted GPS/GLONASS. I sent an email to their customer service about this 3 weeks ago, but, it's still up.

Thanks, DaveBo

Surface 3 with Windows 10
 
If I attach a GPS, e.g. a dongle, can I set the location services to use that?
The current WiFi scheme is useless in my area & where I'll be using this most (on a boat).

FYI the Staples writeup on the Surface 3 claims it has GPS/Assisted GPS/GLONASS. I sent an email to their customer service about this 3 weeks ago, but, it's still up.

Thanks, DaveBo

Surface 3 with Windows 10
The Surface 3 with LTE does has GPS like functionality via the LTE radio....the WiFi only does not but you can use a dongle
 
Back
Top