What's new

Before I start using the "Cloud Gaming" service...

Turbo4AWD

Just this past weekend I had found out about a service called LiquidSky that allows you to remotely access a gaming rig from a lower powered device and play the latest games. Currently it supports Windows 10 and I have a 5ghz wifi connection at home so I figured I would pay the $9.99 for the first month and try it out.

Anyone here already try such a service with the Surface 3 and have any major issues with it?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've no experience, but why not try local streaming with the box app first just to see how the s3 handles it.

OP
T

Turbo4AWD

Yeah, I've played Xbox One Forza Horizon 2 and other games for hours on the Surface 3 using the local streaming, but being able to access a PC gaming rig remotely and play the latest games on it is pretty appealing to me. Hopefully it doesn't struggle too much over the internet connection. I know my Wireless AC wifi is more than enough, but my internet connection might not be...that will be the ultimate test.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
For only 10 bucks I say go for it, unless it is a mandatory 12 month subscription etc. I think it would depend on what games you play though. No chance you're going to be doing though, and whether they're online multilayer or single player. Wouldn't want to try streaming a game of counter strike