What's new

Brand new type covers for $30 each straight from MS

goodintentions

I just got 2 brand new type covers (which I love because I can type a lot faster than the touch cover) for $30 each straight from MS. How? Sorry, it's my trade secret now :D. You just have to figure it out on your own.

No, it's not cheating. It's not anything shady either. Completely legit. :D. Hint: there's a way to order straight from their website for that price. Got them in the mail late last week :D

benjitek

I just got 2 brand new type covers (which I love because I can type a lot faster than the touch cover) for $30 each straight from MS. How? Sorry, it's my trade secret now :D. You just have to figure it out on your own.

No, it's not cheating. It's not anything shady either. Completely legit. :D. Hint: there's a way to order straight from their website for that price. Got them in the mail late last week :D
Type Cover 1 or 2?

OP
G

goodintentions

Oh well, I'm plenty happy with the type cover 1. I originally bought 1. Told a friend of mine that I got it for $30 from MS. He didn't believe me, so I bought another one right in front of him for him. We are now both very happy with the type cover. Way better than the touch cover. I can type super fast with this.

What's even better. We both registered our new type covers, and they both show warranty support until May of 2015, so these are definitely newly manufactured.

godson594

Who would have thought the Riddler uses a Surface

kundas1

So I tried to figure out how to get it for that price.. why don't you just tell us?
LOL good one!

Seriously, why be so secretive? Just share with the rest of us so we can all benefit from your little trick, not like your gonna need them all!

OP
G

goodintentions

LOL good one!

Seriously, why be so secretive? Just share with the rest of us so we can all benefit from your little trick, not like your gonna need them all!

Hehe ok ok I'll share.

So, I was on ebay browsing around. And I noticed that someone had a "broken" type cover listed for $30, including shipping. Thought to myself that why would he list it even though it's not even a year yet. So, I zoomed in on the serial number and typed that number into the MS website. And sure enough, the warranty wouldn't expire until April of 2014. I called MS and spoke with them directly. They said yes the product is still covered and all I have to do is open up a case and print out a shipping label paid by MS. So, I bought the type cover from ebay. Sent it in to MS using their shipping label. And voila, I got a brand new one in the mail a couple days later. And the new one's warranty expires in May or something of 2015.

Again, I spoke with MS rep directly. No trick. No scam. Everything is legit. Not my fault the person who listed the type cover that's not working never checked the warranty status of it. He could have called MS and they would have replaced it for him for free.

CrippsCorner

at-first-i-was-like.png

Thought about trying this with an actual Surface? I wonder if Microsoft would replace one that had a broken screen...

Last edited: