What's new

Can I Use iTunes in My Surface Pro 2?

OP
S

Sir Face

No, but I just installed it successfully though and it works fine. I have just came from a plain Surface 2 where this wasn't possible. That's why I was asking.

bamaster

The Surface Pro 2 is a full Windows computer locked in a tablet body. Think of it as a laptop with a removable keyboard. (The Type Cover 2 is great, if you don't already have it)

The regular ol' Surface 2 is a regular tablet that can only run apps from the Windows Store. As great as it is at doing that, it can't touch the Pros.

bluegrass

No, but I just installed it successfully though and it works fine. I have just came from a plain Surface 2 where this wasn't possible. That's why I was asking.

Usually the reason most people move from an RT OS to a Windows OS is to be able to run standard Windows apps. That's why some of us were a little puzzled by the question. If it's an app that is compatible with Windows 7, then there is no reason not to try it and see. If I was purchasing an expensive app such as Photoshop, I would check on their website to see if it was compatible with Windows 8.1, otherwise I would just go far it.

Philtastic

Welcome to the world of portable full Windows. It's an amazing experience to be able to run everything you'd normally have on your desktop or laptop on the go in such a small, portable form.

jerret porter

I have a surface pro 2 and I am trying to get iTunes on my table. However when I go to the website, because there is no app in the windows store, I click download, it downloads for one minute, then says there is no app on my PC to run this. How exactly am I to get iTunes on my tablet so my wife can use her account

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I have a surface pro 2 and I am trying to get iTunes on my table. However when I go to the website, because there is no app in the windows store, I click download, it downloads for one minute, then says there is no app on my PC to run this. How exactly am I to get iTunes on my tablet so my wife can use her account
By going to Apples website and installing the Windows version of iTunes...

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/