What's new

Can I Use iTunes in My Surface Pro 2?

jerret porter

Yep yep that's the one I tried to download. I'm using Internet explorer, does that matter or should I use a different web browser??

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Yep yep that's the one I tried to download. I'm using Internet explorer, does that matter or should I use a different web browser??
What Antivirus are you running, somehow it sounds like you are losing the .exe at the end of the downloaded file, or you have some sort of Malware installed preventing the .exe files from installing...

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Are you sure you have a Surface 'Pro' 2 and not a Surface 2?
That is true....a Surface 2 (ARM Based) can't run 3rd Party Win32 Applications. If it is a Surface 2 you would need to use Xbox Music for Music Management.

jerret porter

That is true....a Surface 2 (ARM Based) can't run 3rd Party Win32 Applications. If it is a Surface 2 you would need to use Xbox Music for Music Management.

Yes I have a surface pro 2. I got the Kaspersky anti-virus but it's not installed yet, so all that's on there is the Windows defender program.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Open Explorer and Navigate to the folder you downloaded the setup file and click on the View Tab and select The Options Button and select Folder Options, click on View Tab and Uncheck the Box that states "Hide extensions from known file types" and verify that the setup file has .exe file extension. If it doesn't rename the file by right clicking on it and select rename, add the .exe . If it does you have other issues and I would go ahead and reset the machine.
upload_2014-12-9_7-16-26.png

rikmiz

How can I preference iTunes on the Surface Pro 2? Creating audio files from FINALE defaulting to Xbox.