J515OP
Super Moderator
In that case:
[video=youtube;iCCAdbZQdQ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCCAdbZQdQ8[/video]
[video=youtube;iCCAdbZQdQ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCCAdbZQdQ8[/video]
there is no Clock, Date and day notification and connectivity info . . . To expect to download and run an app just for this makes little sense!!!!
KristalSoldier --
The calendar is already pre-installed, and there is a nifty little free app called "Digital Live Clock" that satisfies the time issue. This is the upper left corner of my Start screen:
![]()
Now, I just need to find something for the connectivity info.
Also, I mostly use my shop computer in Desktop Mode, because I'm typically running a "legacy program" for designs and such.
Take care,
Russ
In that case:
[video=youtube;iCCAdbZQdQ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCCAdbZQdQ8[/video]
what is that tile which says "F" just below the Video tile?
Maybe, just maybe, I should consider rolling back to a DOS-based system...on the Surface Pro!
KristalSoldier --
That is the Freda reader app. It's a carryover from my RT. There are no RT apps to read .mobi books, so I converted my books to epub and was using Freda to read them. I won't get into the "Best" discussion, but I tried a lot of epub readers, and it was the one I preferred.
I really don't need it on my Pro, because the "Kindle for PC" app allows me to sideload my .mobi books and read them without conversion.
re: "no one app to do them all?" -- Well, there might be; but, you see, Darlin', my eyes are older than yours, and I kinda prefer that I can read them easily at a glance.
Take care,
Russ
Form factor. I wouldn't do it, but I can see why someone might.I'm sorry, but I just don't get it...why would you buy the SP so that you can downgrade to Windows 7? Then don't get the SP, no?
No, I'm sorry, the form factor is the tablet. If you don't like it, then get yourself another form factor.Form factor. I wouldn't do it, but I can see why someone might.
You can't embrace the future by continuing to hold on to the past.
So, everyone, there is no more need for you to say another word. Please don't. You might upset him.Windows 7- is history and Windows 8+ is the future. Period, that's it, that's all!
See? There is no need to think. Microsoft said to move on, so you should. I mean, really - they know better than you. So be quiet.Why? Because as Microsoft had implied, it was time to move on, and so I have.
People, people, do not read any article that says Windows 8 works, but it's schizophrenic. That it's half finger-flipping touch screen tiles, half real PC, desktop and all. Ignore your IT departments. Ignore serious journalists. Ignore everyone who disagrees. Especially anyone who says: It needs to be fixed.I'm really tired of Windows 7 people (including and especially the press) complaining about Windows 8. Get over it! Windows 7- is history and Windows 8+ is the future. Period, that's it, that's all!
Get over it!